I love Jehovah because he hears my voice, my pleas for help.—Ps. 116:1.
One way to respond to Jehovah’s love is by talking to him in prayer. Your love for God will grow as you tell him about your concerns and thank him for all that he does for you. And the bond between you and Jehovah will be strengthened as you see how he answers your prayers. You will become convinced that he understands you.
But to grow close to Jehovah, you need to understand his way of thinking. And you need to know what he wants from you. The only way you will gain that knowledge is by studying his Word, the Bible. So learn to appreciate it.
Only the Bible contains the truth about Jehovah and his purpose for you. You show that you appreciate the Bible by reading it each day, by preparing for your personal Bible study session, and by applying what you learn.
Do you have a personal Bible reading schedule? Do you follow that schedule, making sure that you read the Bible each day?
- Word of God
- Gospel or Good News
- A Book to trust #18 Available in many languages #1
- A Book to trust #28 A Collection of words showing and teaching us about the beginnings to the end
- A Book to trust #29 God His Book, God-breathed profitable for doctrine, for reproof and for correction
- Old and newer King James Versions and other translations #12 God Himself masters His Own Word
- Studying the Bible
- Demanding signs or denying yourself
- Inner voice inside the soul of man
- A Sound Mind: Theory and practice
- Brian Rosner on “What Makes a Good Biblical Scholar?”
- The faithful God
- Christian growth a team event
- How to Study the Bible: We Are in This Together
- On the Affirmation of Scripture
- Summer time to spend some more time at the growing process of your faith