In this world of internet and social media lots of people like to present themselves better than they are in real life. They create a virtual “I”” or a “Self” they would love to be, instead of trying to find themselves happy with the being they are.
The one who chooses to be himself or herself in the end is the stronger one who shall be happier at the end of this race, being content with what he or she could reach by himself or herself, without having fooled the self.
Tag Archives: Happiness
smile because it happened
- you need to be happy
- striving for more ~~makes us great < never wise to make happiness dependent on it
- unrealistic expectations = set us up for failure
- addiction to toxic people + activities brings us down
lessons to be happier
1. Don’t start with profundities. > start with basics
2. Do let the sun go down on anger. > notion of anger catharsis = poppycock.
3. Fake it till you feel it. Feelings follow actions.
4. Realize anything worth doing = worth doing badly. Challenge & novelty = key elements of happiness.
5. Don’t treat blues with a “treat.”
6. Buy some happiness. basic psychological needs include feeling loved, secure, and good at what we do.
7. Don’t insist on the best. 2 types of decision makers. Satisficers + Maximizers => Satisficers happier than maximizers.
8. Exercise to boost energy. Exercise = most dependable mood-boosters.
9. Stop nagging. replace nagging with persuasive tools
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
What do you need to be happy? All too often, we list the things we want: a bigger house, a cooler car, a trip around the world, money for retirement, a new friend or lover.
While striving for more is one of the things that makes us great, it’s never wise to make your happiness dependent on it. All too often, it’s hard to bring the things we want into our lives.
But one thing you do have the power to do is let go of things you don’t want or need. Whether out of habit or because of peer pressure or family pressure, we often cling to poisonous thoughts, feelings, and individuals.
Our unrealistic expectations set us up for failure, and our addiction to toxic people and activities brings us down. And then we wonder why it’s…
View original post 820 more words
Dutch version / Nederlandse versie: Zoek je geluk op de plaats waar je het bent kwijtgeraakt
In a world where there is a growing decease of indifference let us make sure we are ready to be there for and to help others.
- Keep your word.
- Be curious. Listen to understand.
- Show respect to everyone you encounter.
- Be respectful of those you haven’t met.
- Be a good friend.
- Look for the best in everyone.
- Be kind to others.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Forgive others.
- Forgive yourself.
- When you make a mistake say, “I’m sorry.
- Pour out your love when someone asks for it.
- Put your children’s needs before your own.
- When someone is speaking to you, be fully present and listen.
- Express yourself joyfully.
- Don’t be cruel with your words.
- Be grateful for everything you have. It is more than enough.
- Share your wisdom with those who ask for it.
- Give away what you…
View original post 113 more words