Christine Caine looks in her devotion to Jesus who states that our role as Christians on the earth is a transformational one and that we are called the “salt of the earth”.
- be personally transformed from the inside out.
- the Church never created to remain insular = to be a caring, gracious, & inclusive community > our mandate = to love others = love ourselves.
- Church (as God’s hands & feet on the earth) = called to operate in the realm for which she was created > a lost + broken world.
- The Church = vehicle that God has created to fulfill his mission on the earth.
- people = object of this mission > found outside four walls of the church building. => “go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15).
- not afford to simply do church on Sunday => church seven days a week.
From The Darkness Into The Light
Duration: 365 days
Jesus says that his followers are to be the salt that brings out the God-flavors of this earth.
SALT OF THE EARTH
Jesus clearly states that our role as Christians on the earth is a transformational one. We are called the “salt of the earth” and salt essentially does three things: It adds flavor, it preserves, and it heals. So our task is to bring flavor, preservation, and healing to the world around us. This is why it is imperative that we ourselves be personally transformed from the inside out. If we have not been changed, we cannot bring out the “God flavors” of this earth.
In the same way that salt was never designed to remain in the shaker, the Church was never created to remain insular. We are called to live from the inside out both personally and corporately. God’s love flows…
View original post 336 more words