- In patriarchal society = condition of women = very bad.
- condition of a nation = looking at status of its women (Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru)
- Mahatma Gandhi started struggle for equality for everyone no matter what gender
- Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit = first women president of the United Nations General Assembly
- Savitribai Phule started first girls school in India
- Indira Gandhi first +only female Prime minister of India
- Sucheta Kriplani = first woman Chief Minister in India, gujrat
- Justice Anna Chandy = first female judge in India + first women in India to become a high court judge
- Rani Lakshmibai led a huge revolt against britishers in India.
- Right to Equality in our constitution => equality must be in real terms
- laws must be equally applicable to everyone irrespective to their gender
- many of Indian laws are gender specific > protects only women => Men facing same problems > not backed by any law
- Prohibition of discrimination on grounds of sex, religion, caste, place of birth and race.
- In India > no particular law for a male victim of rape whether committed by a male or a female.
- Crime>no sexual orientation + neither law ought to be sex explicit
- words ”any man” utilized in the law=> supplanted with word ”person” => unbiased to permit a lady likewise to be rebuffed under it.
- having laws only for women => lacking => improved leads us to a gender neutral society
Gender, genderless, androgyny, bisexuality, cisgender and transgender
Study says highlighting gender leads to stereotypes
Do the concepts of male and female need to have a formal official definition
Trans extremism, trans ideology, genderless a.o. categories and TERFs
The dilemma of gender neutrality
The Concept of Gender Neutrality and You
Author: ASHISH Yadav, Manipal University Jaipur
Co- Author: Shubhi Pareek, Manipal University Jaipur
Before starting our main topic it is necessary to understand what really Gender Neutrality is.
In pre historic times and recent past women faced a lot of difficulties in their life, they never got what they deserved. In our patriarchal society condition of women was very bad. They had faced many cruelties they are not even treated normally as human beings, they were like a machine which do all their necessary work . They were never given any rights which all men were enjoying.
As time passed all this begin to change a little. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru the first prime minister of India said that “you can tell the condition of a nation by looking at the status of its women” and now the fight for equality for women started to gain popularity. Mahatma Gandhi also started…
View original post 1,274 more words