Jesus has given his followers the task to go out into the word to preach the Good News of the coming Kingdom of God.
2020 years after the master teacher his birth the Church has gone fare away from his teachings. In many church-groups or denominations we can find that human doctrines have won and that the people in the congregation or church community prefer to keep to human tradition instead of holding to the biblical teachings and Godly holy days.
Disappointed by the many contradicting teachings, ideas and having seen so many pastors, ministers and priests not living according to the Law of God and the law of human decency, lots of people got enough of the hypocrisy of those churches. Today we can only see (nearly) empty churches all over West Europe.
For sure the Body of Christ needs some fresh blood and some good ‘Punch’. Anno 2017 it looks like the church is gone ‘pubering’ again and in need of some acné products, trying to get rid of the puperal pimples or the sickness of the capitalist world where man has increased his position to godly status, so many thinking they are god themselves and play for god.
This world need preachers or speakers who are not afraid to give those immature consumers a tick on their bum. some even can use some figurative slap in the face to wake them up.
Most important to come over as some one sincere and credible is that the one who wants to speak for God he or she, himself or herself beliefs in the Most High and in His only begotten son. In the preacher has to burn the light of faith before he can go to others for trying to convince them to see that light in the darkness.
First there has to be conviction and persuasion in the preacher’s heart, glowing very strongly, to have the fire in the eyes, with such a kind and sweet heart that people would become eager to taste that sweetness and listen to what that person has to tell.
With the hate and vile language we can find lots of Christians spreading today on the internet and in common speech on the streets, they shall not be able to attract others to love them or to love what they tell.
Today we also find lots of Christians who preach there has a war started by the Muslims against the Christians. They forget that lots of Christians are setting themselves against the Islam. They do not see they have fallen in the trap of the false Muslims who not only have done a lot of damage to Islam but also want to destabilise the whole world.
It is up to the preachers who call themselves Christian to show the love of Christ and to share that agape love with all people around them, atheists, other believers (be them Muslims or from an other faith).
Without the love of Christ and without the burning fire of faith in the own heart, the preacher his gained ‘technique’ shall be quickly uncovered by the truth, so let him first get to the core of the Bible and teach that biblical Truth instead of human doctrines, and let he or she be unbiased, open to all people and not to just a few of a certain race or group.
- preaching = divine task + form of public speaking
- preaching involves spiritual dynamics + oratory skills = technical aspect of preaching < form of public speaking => skills revolving around use + proper utilization + creative use of voice, eye contact, facial expressions, gestures + movements.
- no methodology holy
- Only written words of God in Bible are holy
Several Christians fail to recognise the Chosen ones of God and are not taking on a Christian attitude
To proclaim the day of vengeance
What makes you following Christ and Facebook Groups
- The business of this life
- The task given to us to love each other
- Parish, local church community – Parochie, plaatselijke kerkgemeenschap
- People who know how to pray to move God to take hold of our affairs in a mighty way
- Pulpit reserved for the pastor
- Notification and news feed for Facebook users
- Bring praise to the Creator
- The essence of church
- Why are Christians so nosey about other peoples affairs
- What, we agree? Compatible issues in a disagreeable world
- Is a Religious War in Europe Imminent?
- Bias, and Disagreeing with Something
- Can we not be civil and simply disagree?
- “Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give”
- Are you ready for this?
- On the Power of Hospitality…
- “When I Could Stand it No Longer….”
- Politics and Preaching
- Good enough for ministry?
- What builds the Church?
- Back to Baby Steps
- Book Blurb: Biblical Preaching
- 3 Steps to Make the Message Stick
- 5 Lessons from the Mission Field
- Owen on Preaching, Sinclair on Children and Christ
- Jonah — Belief Contradicted by Behavior! (Part 3)
- Calvin: Ministers Ought Not to Steal
- Preparing to Preach
- Preaching and Faithfulness
- The Courage to Preach
- Pastoral Theology
- Charles Spurgeon on Spiritual Gleaning
- The Dispensation of Grace
- Stirring the Pot with Grace…
- Psalm 64:9 Pondering God’s Work
- How to Have a Successful Ministry
Worship and the Christian Life
True, preaching is a divine task, yet basically it is also a form of public speaking. A true preacher will eventually realise that as much as preaching involves spiritual dynamics, it also certainly includes oratory skills. These oratory skills constitute the technical aspect of preaching.
Before I tell about this technical aspect of preaching, or the oratory skills, which make us realise that preaching is a form of public speaking, let me tell first some important points to consider.
The first point is that though the technical side of preaching is important, still the spiritual side is more important. Preaching is firstly divine, then secondly it is public speaking. Preaching achieves eternal spiritual fruits, something that ordinary public speaking can never produce.
The second point to consider is that no methodology is holy, no matter how helpful it is in preaching. The techniques of delivering a sermon are never holy…
View original post 1,674 more words
21 responses to “Preaching as Public Speaking”
Pingback: Difficulty in getting new young members – Jeshuaisten / Jeshuaists