They That Seek The Lord Shall Not Want (Psa. 34:10)
WE are not to seek God for selfish ends, but in the self-effacing power of divine love. But the glorious paradox is that the more we selflessly seek God’s pleasure and glory, and the less we seek our own, the more inevitably and inexorably will pleasure and glory pursue us, and force themselves upon us.
Bro Growcott – Search Me O God
“You never saw him, yet you love him.
You still don’t see him,
yet you trust him – with laughter and singing.” (1 Peter 1:8, The Message).
Imagine Peter’s delight in watching a generation rise up of those who never saw Jesus — but yet loved and believed in Him. Not only that, but they believed in the face of great difficulties and strong opposition; they loved and trusted Jesus without seeing any evidence of His presence. And furthermore — they did all this with laughter and singing!
Their behaviour proved their belief. Something far greater than this world held their hearts, and as a result their lives were unleashed with joy and praise — even though their world was falling apart!
It is indeed a mysterious thing that the Lord does when He lifts the loads we carry through life, and enables us to then lift our heads and see life from His point of view. Yes, we may have to put up with all kinds of aggravations, but we do so realizing that pure gold put in the fire comes out proved pure.
In the same manner, genuine faith put through suffering comes out of it proved genuine. And after all, isn’t that what you really want? To be proven pure and genuine?
So whatever is going on is this topsy-turvy world, filled with strife created by greed, lift your vision higher and look unto Jesus. And let your life be marked by laughter and singing — knowing that God has His eyes on you, and is committed to proving you true.
- Prove it!
- The Light of Life. pg. 21
- We’re always on trial with the Lord, passing tests all our lives.
- “In all thy ways acknowledge Him!” (Proverbs 3:6)
- What Matters
- He will never fail
- Working on the Sabbath
- In Perfect Peace
- In My Own Strength
- Trust God
- what if
- Dying to Self
- Believe In The Lord Jesus Christ!
- The Salvation of the Lord is Constant
- >My God can heal Cancer
- Trust and don’t despair nor doubt – November 09, 2018
- Jesus: The Way, The Truth and The Life
- FOG: Focus on Gratitude Day 28
- Just Say No
- Sleep Well!
How many people do not chase a dream they allow mastering their mind? Lots of people are blind to what they should see but want to go looking for something which seems unavailable and far away, but often seems better than where they live, instead of searching the richness in their own habitat.
People should know the treasures are not hidden in a secret cave but are hidden in the own heart to which the own spirit and the set-apart or Holy Scriptures are the key to enter.
Kone, Krusos, Kronos
“We lay veils upon their hearts lest they understand it…”
Many years ago in my youth when I meet my Spiritual Teacher, I heard someone ask him what were his favorite movies, to my surprise he said:
“I love those movies, about Sinbad the Sailor, Ali Baba, The thief of Bagdad, and that type of movies.”
I was floored, an avid movie fan at the time I couldn’t figure out a man of his Spiritual realization would care for such cheese B movies made on the fifties, and sixties, with second rate actors like Steve Reeves, and other perhaps more memorable, like Douglas Fairbanks earlier and many others, since Hollywood love for the exotic, an adventures has been a cash cow, and every so many years they bring to the screen the tales of the Arabian Nights in a new form, with little, or any artistic relevance, .
View original post 5,678 more words
No matter to which denomination a person belongs, the bible should be their first and most important Guide, trusting it is the infallible Word of God and the Source for life given by the Most Almighty, showing us the Way to God, letting us know what went wrong with mankind and showing God’s Plan and His solution for this world.
The Bible should be are Daily Food, giving us the opportunity to restore the relationship between us and God.
- Self-development, self-control, meditation, beliefs and spirituality
- We may not be ignorant to get wisdom
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #2 Instructions and Laws
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #3 A voice to be taken Seriously
- May reading the Bible provoke us into action to set our feet on the narrow way
- Bible, God’s Word to edify (ERV)
- True God giving His Word for getting wisdom
- Bric-a-brac of the Bible
- We should use the Bible every day
- Feed Your Faith Daily
- Daily portion of heavenly food
- Memorizing wonderfully 4 Starter verses
- Memorizing wonderfully 19 Seasons and purpose Fearing God
- Summer time to spend some more time at the growing process of your faith
- God’s how to manual
- All Scripture
- The Bible
- Use Your Bible
- Choosing to Set our Focus on Things Above
- Chewing on the Word
- The Sufficiency of Scripture
- Bread of Life Discourse
Today we’re looking at 2 Timothy 3:16
Today’s New International Version (TNIV)
All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for
- training in righteousness
Every part of scripture is God-breathed and is useful one way or another —
- showing us truth
- exposing our rebellion
- correcting our mistakes
- training us to live God’s way
New Living Translation (NLT)
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to
- teach us what is true…
- make us realize what is wrong in our lives…
- correct us when we are wrong…
- teach us to do what is right
My very loose paraphrase
All scripture has its point of origin in God’s mind, and
- shows us the path God would have us walk
- highlights when and where we’ve gotten off the path
- points the way back to the path
- gives us the advice we need to keep from wandering off the…
View original post 3 more words