Too many people who call themselves Christian do forget who Jesus really was and which tasks he had given to his followers. Today true Christians still should follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and should proclaim the hopeful message of the coming Kingdom.
As forerunner or herald Christians should be portent or indicators of something important or calamitous about to occur, perhaps an omen in the eyes of many, but for others an insurmountable event to look forward even when it might bring lots of suffering and an incredible violence. therefore we should warn the people of that last and third world war which is insuperable.
By sharing the agape love and bringing more people to see that Jesus is the way to God and the way to life, the Christian herald shall be able to make many stronger and secured against the coming disaster. Out of love for others we should tell others about the love of God, about what Jesus has done, but also about the return of Jesus and what to expect of that time of his return.
- Greek word most often translated as ‘preach’ is κηρύσσω – kérussó (Strong’s 2784) = Koine = ‘to be or act like a herald’ or ‘to proclaim’.
- role of a herald or Old French heraut from Frankish via herewald, literally ‘war-ruler’, > martial or commander > 3 distinct contemporary meanings:
- ‘preacher’ of the Gospel, = entrusted (stewardship) with a message of coming of the Kingdom of God.
- ‘to herald’ = ‘sing the praises of’
- idea that a Christian should ‘preach the Gospel’= frowned upon. > conjures images of street corner evangelists ranting at passing ‘sinners’
- Christian organisations involved in social action ministry > running night shelters, to discourage volunteers from speaking about Jesus – some even require a signed commitment to not proactively mention the Gospel.
What has gone wrong? To paraphrase Peter (Acts 5:3), how has Satan so filled the hearts of Christians? How is it that Christians feel confident enough to defy God and disobey the Great Commission?
Go into all the world and proclaim (kérussó) the gospel to the whole creation. (Mark 16:15)
‘preach’ is not:
- convicting people of their sin and telling them they are bound for hell
- talking down to people from a position of self-righteousness
- a slick presentation, a hectoring declamation or a well-honed argument.
Preaching = heralding = speaking joyfully of Jesus, singing his praises; telling people of how people are transformed in Christ, and how they can be also, through faith.
best witnesses to Christ = demonstrate love + speak of its origin, which is Jesus; perhaps the Great Commission was given as command because Jesus knew that it would be challenging.
If witness speaks from love about hope + declares that Jesus = source of hope => herald will have done his work faithfully.
- What is meant by awareness, or witnessing?
- Witnessing the Destruction of Nature around the Planet.
- Man I sure wish I would’ve had one of my witnessing cards just now to send with a man.
- A witnessing prayer
- Witnessing the Secret Creator
- ” Witnessing “
- As the clock strikes 12…
- Hope is an anchor
- Reject And Correct Christian propaganda
- Families embrace their community for the gospel
- Bold to Witness
- Being a One Talent Church
- Come and see…
- Hold Up The Light
- Are You An Ambassador For Christ?
- Are You Ready for the Harvest?
- First Things First
- Talking About Jesus
- You Are Ready To Go – By Laurence Torr
- Christianity’s Most Essential Verse
Raphael’s depiction of Paul preaching in Athens
Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you. (1 Thessalonians 2:9)
The Greek word that is most often translated as ‘preach’ is κηρύσσω – kérussó (Strong’s 2784). The word in the Koine
View original post 648 more words