Too often Christian preachers do forget that they also have to reach those who have no faith at all. So many preachers fail to appeal to the secular mind. So much so that most secular people write off the church because they think the Bible is an ancient relic that “speaks” only to the unenlightened or easily manipulated.
In the church-world we also do find lots of doom-preachers who frighten people so much they do not bother any more. Instead of showing the people the love of God and the love of Christ Jesus the saviour.
Also too many are seeing preaching as a one way one-directional, verbal proclamation of their words how they look at it all, instead of putting God’s Word in the forefront and focussing much more on the good things, instead of pointing out all the time to the bad things.
Too many do not see that the intent behind ‘preach the word’ be fulfilled in other ways than one person talking at other people for an extended time. To preach we not only have to think about a person standing there at the pulpit, everybody listening nicely or doing as if they are listening and following.
The preaching Jesus spoke about is the going out into the world without shame or fear and telling to others in a nice way about the works of the Most High Supreme Being. Showing others why it is important to follow Christ and to come to his heavenly Father as children of God.
The world may be still against those who love God. Nothing much is changed yet. The world belongs to the adversary of God (Satan). We do have the choice to belong to those who are against God or we can try to bring them over to God and to see why it is best to accept God as their Divine Supreme High Being.
The the prophetic voices may perhaps be stilled, but the endtimes nearing the work of the master teacher shall continue and progress, having more and more people bringing the Good News. They also live by that hope that when the time comes nearer all over the world shall be witnessed in the Name of the One True God, Jehovah.
It are not just 144 000 but millions or trillions who shall go out daring to speak and tell others their love for Christ Jesus and his heavenly Father, the only One God.
Merely preaching salvation by Christ is not enough: we must vigorously contend for the original faith; the faith of God’s people, Israel, who did worship the God of Abraham and not a three-headed god. There is really no other option, all should come to know there is only One Way and One God.
- Pulpit reserved for the pastor
- Determined To Stick With Truth
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 9 Searching the Scriptures
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 14 Searching the scriptures
- How to Choose a Bible for Preaching
- Bringing good News in the world
- The Gospel
- Bible in the first place #3/3
- Being A Christian
- Last days’ walk with Jesus: walking and thinking
- Live that they might see
- To the Praise of God’s Glory, we are Predestined to His Purpose – Ephesians 1:11-12
- Evangelism: Jesus’ Only Conference 2015
- Where is God’s Vineyard Today?
- When the preacher goes off tangent by making racist comments
- Let’s not be heathens again – Odd Walking Thoughts
- Pulpit, Podium, Music Stand or Bistro Table
- Pulpit Authority
- Padding the pulpit
- Mizbe’ah ~ A place of sacrifice
- A Preacher’s Commitments Part 1: Starting New
- Woman in the Pulpit: Blogging the book
- Seven Plus Habits of Highly Irritating Preachers
- These Are A Few of Our Ministry Things
- How Does A Pastor Need Prayer?
- Political Correctness in the Pulpit
- When Pulpits Preach – Guest Post by Paul Records
- Dallas Pastors Swap Pulpits To Talk Progress & Race Relations
- The Polls on The Pulpits
- Same Old Sermon
- BLESSED are the people & Nation, who’s GOD is CHRIST JESUS SON of the living GOD who GOD raised from (messagepresident.com)
- Sermon Verses Motivational Talk (garyware.me)
- Faith In Action ‘Christ Living In Us’ (mylordmyfriend.com)
- Romans 8:38 (church4u2.wordpress.com)
- True Believers Are Completely Associated With Christ (birdchirp.wordpress.com)
- Direct experience and relationship (friendjnana.wordpress.com)
- Scripture of the Day, 7/31 (sowegalive.com)
- Always Remember… (thetruelight2014.wordpress.com)
- Scripture Verse Of The Week ‘Galatians 3 Verse 26″ (mylordmyfriend.com)
- Be Ready! (witnessrunner.wordpress.com)
The book of Revelation speaks of a time when preaching Christ will not suffice. Early in its pages it sees the possibility of the total change in esteem true believers would hold towards church groups (with which they may have been previously associated) that doggedly persist in a different path from the original Way (Acts 9:2). We can detect this thought on a closer reading of Revelation 2:4,5, which says to the Ephesian church or congregation, ‘Nevertheless I have [somewhat] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy [lampstand] out of its place, except thou repent.’
In the same vein, Revelation 9 suggests that men and their counterfeit contrivances would seek to hold true believers firmly within their ranks (like in a bottomless…
View original post 898 more words