When we grow up, looking at others somehow we are also caught by fear. Many times in our life we come into situations where we do not feel at ease, to say the least. More than once in a lifetime we shall become confronted with moments that fear comes over us. Be it a difficult moment in a travelling situation, an accident whilst working, or hearing something bad about our health.
We should not want to be unaware of our affliction and should know that not only we are facing difficulties or burdens. We also should know that they also can go beyond our strength, so that we can also become despaired of life.
In such circumstances let us think about the apostles who also had the sentence of death within themselves so that they would not trust in themselves, but in God who raises the dead (2 Corinthians 1:8-9).
Those apostles when they were with their master teacher also were caught by the fear. Though they should have known that this rabbi was a special sent one from God. But now he was sleeping and they were in such a big storm that their hearts were beating rapidly with fear.
Matthew 8:24-26 (RNKJV)
24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. 25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, My master, save us: we perish. 26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
Mark 4:39 (RNKJV)
And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
Luke 8:24 (RNKJV)
And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.
They did come up to Jesus and asked him for help, in the knowledge that he really could help them, because God was with him. When in those heavy waters, were they not of little faith, like on other occasions?
Matthew 16:8 (RNKJV)
Which when Yahushua perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?
Mark 4:40 (RNKJV)
And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
We should have faith in Christ Jesus and believe what he has told, that his heavenly Father is always with those who love Him. When we believe in God and believe in the sent one from God, we should have less reasons to fear than those who do not believe in the Most High. Because God is with those who believe in Him.
Isaiah 41:10-14 (RNKJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy Elohim: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 13 For I יהוה thy Elohim will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith יהוה, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
Though it is normal to have fear and to be aware that we should be attentive and fearful.
A doctor delivering news of a life-threatening diagnosis or when we loose a job, we might have lots of worries and wonder what to happen next. More than once, in our life, we shall become confronted with unpleasant situations and feel like we are tested. Trials force us off of the proverbial fence. We do have to take a stand, make decisions, which can alter so much. Every time we shall have to make the right choices or the right decisions. and those decisions shall be heard and seen by others, who will make their conclusions. Our “I” shall be seen clear by others, and we shall have to feel if we are it our self or if we just go with the majority because that seems us the best choice not to be different. but than we betray not only ourselves, but also our Creator. When we do not doubt God’s promise, we should not have to be afraid to carry out.
Romans 4:20 (RNKJV)
He staggered not at the promise of יהוה through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to יהוה;
When we are not afraid to undergo these earthly sufferings by not feeling any shame to be a believer of God, than this fear shall become so small it will not hurt us, but shall make us to react in the right godly way. For we know in whom we have put our faith, and we are convinced that He is able to guard what we have entrusted to Him until ‘that day’ we know shall come.
2 Timothy 1:12 (RNKJV)
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Having enough faith in God and His sent one the fear shall soon be outside us.
- What is life?
- When discouraged facing opposition
- Fear knocked at the door
- 8 fears caused by the fear of Man
- Fear of failure, and fear of the unknown
- Facing disaster fatigue
- Does God stands behind all evil on earth
- Some one or something to fear #5 Not afraid
- A Living Faith #5 Perseverance
- Breathing and growing with no heir
- Not holding back and getting out of darkness
- Looking at three “I am” s
- Fear and protection
- People Seeking for God 7 The Lord and lords
- Look for your Refuge by God
- Back from gone #2 Aim of godly people
- Back from gone #4 Your inner feelings and actions
- Condemnation of the World and Illustration of Justification
- Standing within proximity of the glory of God
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #8 Prayer #6 Communication and manifestation
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #16 Benefits of praying
- The chosen ones to fear or not to fear
- Control and change
- Fearing the right person
- Lovers of God, seekers and lovers of truth
- Jehovah steep rock and fortress, source of insight
- Do not be afraid. Good news because a Saviour has been born
- Fear not tomorrow. God is already there
- Dealing with worries in our lives
- No fear in love
- Only the contrite self, sick of its pretensions, can find salvation
- A new year with hopes and challenges
- Christians remaining hidden not sharing the gospel
- To believe in the liberation of slavery and to repent
- Rejoice even though bound to grieve
- To know God by wonders
- No other god besides Jehovah who gives all explanation
- My Reality
- Wall of Emotion
- this may – Step in
- Fear II
- The Fears I can’t Shake
- On Summed Fears
- despite the anger and fear in my heart
- a list of things that you should fear
- Do not run
- A Woman In Waiting
- Why Pick A Title When I Won’t Be Able To Commit To It
- “Fear is Easy, Love is Hard”
- Come To The Edge
- Fear of going back to sleep
- Moments of Uncertainty
- Fear of the Caw
- Under oath
- Why are you afraid?
- Facing fears
- Fearing fear itself and the simple solution
- This Is How You Can Overcome Your Fear Of Failure
- The Fear of Making Mistakes: There is not Such a Thing as Failure
- How I Face My Fear Of Failure
- Do We Really Want Rest?
- You have to take action!
- Your Critics Don’t Count
- Don’t avoid life
- Stepping out on Faith
- Faith Walk
- What is the one gift God gives to all of us?
- Proverbs: Seek the LORD
- We’ll Understand It Better By and By