Much too often people do forget that there is much more material outside the bible texts written about the Nazarene Jewish master teacher Jeshua ben Josef (Jesus Christ) than many public figures everybody seems to have no doubt about their existence.
Pity the link to an article published in BAR titled “Archaeology Confirms 50 Real People in the Bible.” brings us to a Website blocked: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org by Malwarebytes Browser Guard as well as another security tool. Therefore we did not go to see the blocked website because it may contain malware activity.
But we are pleased to be able to read what the born again believer Carl Johnson even when the links may all bring us to blocked articles, this article may already be interesting enough to go through.
Often it is because people who do not want to believe in God and see that lots of Christians consider Jesus to be God, conclude therefore that Jesus (when he would be God) cannot have existed:
- The habitual misreading of John 1 and the ‘Word being God’ #2
- Christians saying Jesus is God giving food for atheists to prove there exist no God
- Trinitarians making their proof for existence of God look ridiculous #2
- Trinitarians making their proof for existence of God look ridiculous #3
- A rebellious movement founded on a fake? (Our world)
- A rebellious movement founded on a fake? (Some View on the World)
- A Father Who begat a son
Lots of people (even those who call themselves Christian) overlook the historical facts.
- For Getting to know Jesus
- Nazarene Commentary Luke 3:1, 2 – Factual Data
- Matthew 2:1-6 – Astrologers and Priests in a Satanic Plot
- The place where Jesus was brought up
Lawrence Mykytiuk’s feature article from the January/February 2015 issue ofBiblical Archaeology Reviewwith voluminous endnotes
(Blog note: Excellent article, plenty scholarly documentation. Complete article on blog to prevent additional linking. Enjoy! Carl)
After two decades toiling in the quiet groves of academe, I published an article inBARtitled“Archaeology Confirms 50 Real People in the Bible.”aThe enormous interest this article generated was a complete surprise to me. Nearly 40 websites in six languages, reflecting a wide spectrum of secular and religious orientations,linked toBAR’s supplementary web page.bSome even posted translations.
I thought about following up with a similar article on people in the New Testament, but I soon realized that this would be so dominated by the question of Jesus’ existence that I needed to consider this question separately. This is that article:1
Did Jesus of Nazareth, who was called…
View original post 12,300 more words