Often when an awful trauma comes over a young female person, when the ‘person’ is taken away from her, she does not only feel a prey but becomes also the hunted by society who points with a damning finger when she wants to make an end to that what the intruder placed in her body.
In certain countries, like India and in Africa, sexually assaulted girls become cast out by their beloved ones and by the community. They have to carry the wounds of the awful event with them for their all life.
For all the anti-abortion groups and people who condemn those girls who decided to undergo an abortion it is best to listen also to the voices of those victims.
Witnessing for this reason is very important. If there can be no empathy on the part of the anti-abortionist leagues communication and understanding on both parts will stay difficult.
For sure too often the victim is blamed for what went wrong and often the rapist can go without punishments and even gets some encouragement from others.
What rape victims need is a comprehending ear and people who can understand why and how they feel and why they want to take certain decisions.
- eviscerated rape survivors > over how they deal with their rapes
- consent activists come down on a survivor for saying her rape was less traumatic than most
- incredible pressure on victims to ‘tell the police or shut the fuck up.’
- Rape is not drama (overreaction) + play for attention, a performance < This is a total wrong attitude and wrong thinking; Those rape victims are not at all wanting to get more attention. Many of them would prefer to go in a little corner and often feel a nobody
- When telling a survivor that they’re attention-seeking = you’re saying = “Rape is not so bad. Shut the fuck up and get over it.”
- impossible to overreact to rape = can’t think of a damn thing in this life that is harder to cope with
- Dealing with rape = one of the most gut-wrenching, confusing things this life has to throw at a person
- responses not always going to look elegant, selfless, and wise => no perfect response to rape
- rape survivor responding normally to an abnormal situation
- Judging rape survivor’s responding = like judging a tree for moving when the wind blows = requiring someone who is going through hell to fulfil your expectations as a casual observer
- needs + expectations rape victim = about them
- victims not psychologically well enough to get through a case
- sometimes there is no evidence = spent months, or often years, agonising over their options in terms of a case
Find also to read:
- Subcutaneous power for humanity 2 1950-2010 Post war generations
- Stronger than anything that wants to destroy
- Society is the problem and the disease… forcing sexual abuse & child sexual abuse survivors, to suffer more.
- No, I don’t want paedophiles, rapists, sex offenders etc, to be beaten up, abused back.
- It continues to be a never ending, exhausting battle for survival.
- Numbing…..helps me cope, with the severity of all the heinous abuse, I have endured.
- Too many people, have touched my soul, with their dirty hands.
- Ignore the troll on my facebook page – Nefertari/Abortion page admin/LisaMarie
- Using Charlotte Dawson’s abortion ‘only’, by Fred Nile for his own agenda, is digusting.
- I knew some Christians would ‘need’ to talk about abortion, in relation to Charlotte Dawson’s death.
- Where do Abused Children turn for Help?
- You can Not Stop Abuse…(Or how I slid off the Bell-Shaped Curve of Sane decisions)
- This is Your Brain…This is Your Brain on Abuse
- Why Abuse Victims often feel they are Swimming Upstream
- Ultimate Recovery from Abuse
- A child, who is abused, is a child no more