The US is deploying an extra 3,000 troops to Germany, Poland and Romania amid fears about President Putin’s intentions as he continues to amass Russian forces around Ukraine. In his delayed phone call with the Russian president on Wednesday February 2, Boris Johnson urged Putin to stop the “current hostile activity on the Ukrainian border”. He warned that any Russian incursion would be a “tragic miscalculation”, adding that Ukraine — like all European democracies — has the right to “aspire to Nato membership”, according to a Downing Street spokesman.
“The leaders agreed that aggravation was in no one’s interest.”
The US troops are in addition to 8,500 put on standby last week. The Pentagon said they were requested by Poland and Romania, both of which have long borders with Ukraine, reflecting nervousness over Russia’s build-up amid no clear intelligence of President Putin’s plans.
The United States and Russia have both said they have no interest in fighting a war over Ukraine, yet the two nations have spent the past several weeks building up military forces and inching them closer together on the European continent. The Biden Administration had initially relied on diplomacy to resolve the deteriorating situation, but the lack of progress—and continued build-up of Russian forces—has prompted the U.S. to draw up more aggressive strategies to deter Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The Bible says that the king of the south (US/UK) will push at Gog (the king of verse 36-39 in Daniel 11). The word “push” is the Hebrew word “gore” – as in a horned animal like a goat or ram goring someone. If a goat was to “gore” you it would be extremely painful. But probably not life threatening. For this reason we see the push or the goring as a military provocation. The US sending its forces is part of the push against Putin.
And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. (Daniel 11:40)
Please find this week’s Weekly World Watch
- PM warns Vladimir Putin against ‘tragic mistake’ as tensions rise with Ukraine
- Moscow lists demands for defusing Ukraine tensions
- Prepare for Russian invasion of Ukraine, US warns European allies
- Sings of the times – Difficult moments at the borders of Europe
- Biden predicts Russia will attack Ukraine but warns Putin of a ‘stiff price’
- Putin is sabre-rattling at the West’s moment of maximum weakness
- Putin’s ‘staged atrocity’ plan to justify Russian invasion of Ukraine
- Key element to the Ukrainian-Russian conflict
- Russian government planning a “false-flag” operation
- Joe Biden warns Russia could attack next month
- President Biden threatened to impose personal sanctions on President Putin if Russia moves to invade Ukraine
- Israel weighing options amid deepening Russia-Ukraine crisis
- A Brief Look at NATO and Russia’s Push to Reform the Old Soviet Union
- Wars and Rumors of War…Russia Moves into Belarus
- RAF jets in Russia warplane alert for second day