Britain warned Moscow on Thursday that it was working with Western partners on high-impact sanctions targeting Russia’s financial sector should it invade Ukraine. Russia has massed some 100,000 troops near Ukraine’s border and though Moscow says it has no plans to invade its neighbour, President Vladimir Putin has demanded legally-binding guarantees that NATO will not expand further eastwards.
“We will not accept the campaign Russia is waging to subvert its democratic neighbours,”
Foreign Secretary Liz Truss told parliament.
“They have falsely cast Ukraine as a threat to justify their aggressive stance.”
“Russia is the aggressor here,”
“NATO has always been a defensive alliance.”
Truss said that any further military incursion into Ukraine by Russia would bring “massive consequences, including coordinated sanctions to impose a severe cost on Russia’s interests and economy.”
There are crucial talks this week between Russia and American diplomat. Last week has seen the US and UK threaten severe sanctions on Russia if it does invade Ukraine. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has warned Moscow of “massive consequences” if it continues what he called aggressive actions in Europe. Britain’s Foreign Secretary also used the same language of “massive consequences”. Russia has responded saying it would be a “colossal mistake”.
We do know that eastern Ukraine was once part of Magog. And for this reason it makes sense scripturally for Putin to control this area at the time of the end. We also know in Daniel 11:40 that the king of the south (US/UK) will push (militarily provoke) Russia. It is this push that causes Russia to descend south to Israel. Ukraine might be where the push happens. We watch and await developments.
And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: (Daniel 11:40-41)
Please do find: Weekly World Watch
- Russian take-over of Crimea (Our World) = Russian take-over of Crimea (Some View on the World)
- Swallowing up Crimea, who is next (Our World) = Swallowing up Crimea, who is next (Some View on the World)
- Christadelphian brothers and sisters in Ukraine
- Entering a new period of ‘Cold War’
- Russia reacting to attempts to break ‘strategic parity’
- Signs of the times – “Ukraine under pressure”
- Andy Walton’s Weekly World Watch of October 17 – 23, 2021
- Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine update
- Prepare for Russian invasion of Ukraine, US warns European allies
- Are we shambling into WWIII?
- PM warns Vladimir Putin against ‘tragic mistake’ as tensions rise with Ukraine
- Britain in talks to sell missiles in first arms deal with Ukraine
- President Joe Biden speaking to Russian President Vladimir Putin to expect a clarification about the troop build up at the Ukraine border
- Russia has ‘no trust’ in Nato over Ukraine
- Tensions increase along Ukrainian frontlines amid Russia conflict
- Moscow lists demands for defusing Ukraine tensions
- Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Russian troop movements
- If Russia chooses to fail to de-escalate
- Putin and Xi form a new axis against Nato
- Looking at 2021 in a nutshell
- From a communist country to a capitalist dictatorship
- The world on the very brink of conflict
- The Maidan Coup in Kazakhstan Fails
- kuleba: Ukraine praises ‘unity’ with West against Russian ‘ultimatums’ – Times of India
- The Uninvited Relative Who Just Won’t Leave
- Russia holds tank drills near Ukraine
- Biden wants to reduce the chance of war in Europe. Putin has other plans – the country
- The NATO-Russia council is back after more than two years. At the center of the talks Ukraine and security in Europe
- Nato could reinforce in eastern Europe if Ukraine attacked, Jens Stoltenberg says after Russia talks – Times of India
- What Does Putin Want and How Does He Plan to Get It?
- russia: US Senate Democrats unveil Russia sanctions bill to bolster Ukraine – Times of India