Ruth had every possibility to become bitter. She lost her husband and her father-in-law, but she determined to follow God in the midst of that. She was faithful to her mother-in-law and did what she could do to provide for them both. Then, everything turned around at the threshing floor when she asked the wealthy landowner of Bethlehem, and kinsman of Elimelech, Naomi‘s late husband, Boaz to take her under his wing as her kinsman-redeemer. Her encounter with her kinsman-redeemer changed her life and the course of history as she was grafted into the line from which Jesus was born.
We can now look up at that man from the line of king David. He also has suffered a lot and also caused others to have lots of pain. But those around him carried their sorrow and where pleased to be privileged to have known this remarkable man.
For us life also presents its difficulties. It is not all glamour and happiness. Life can be hard at times. Disappointments come. Sometimes, we disappoint ourselves, but often we also bring disappointments to others. Like we can be hurt by others we too can cause pain to others. In life we shall fall more than once and each time we do have to get up again. It is how you manage to cope with all those difficulties that shall make you or break you. What you do next determines the fruitfulness of the rest of your life.
- If there is bitterness in the heart
- Remember there’s a light in the next day
- Partakers of the sufferings
- Disappointed expectations
- Fragments from the Book of Job #7 Epilogue
- Thirst for happiness and meaning
- Be happy that the thorn bush has roses
- Happy is the person who knows what to remember of the past
- Whom can we trust to govern us?
- Looking forward to the return of Jesus
- Commit your self to the trustworthy creator
- Singing gift from God
- The truest greatness lies in being kind
- Let’s Talk Happiness
- Happiness mapping and getting over gender mapping
- There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving
- Looking at the Source of joy
- Joy: Foundation for a Positive Life
- International Day of Happiness!
- Preparing for the Kingdom
- How can we prepare for the Kingdom of God
- If you do pray you shall not be disappointed
- Hope does not disappoint us
- Have a real happy day today!
- Hard. Heavy. Cold.
- Child of the world – Bitterness
- Battles and Bitterness
- Some Thoughts On Bitterness From Various Authors
- Holding On
- Letting Go
- Loving on the Bad Days
- Healing’s Strange Path
- When the Water is Bitter: How to come through bitter experiences with peace and purpose
- uprooting bitterness
- Don’t Harden Your Heart
- “A Joyful Heart Is Good Medicine”
- Forgiveness Brings Healing
- The Place of In Between
- Dealing with Disappointment
- Note to self…Oct. 29th
- Steal Your Happiness — Orlando Espinosa
- Seek the best! Luke 6:35
- Trusting Him
- Heart Failure
- 30 Seconds On Grace