A writer who has three teenage sons and one teenage daughter, all of them were born about seventeen months apart has a family life like any other in which good and bad things may happen. Having been immersed in diapers, runny noses, and sticky fingers full on in those years this writer looks at what disappointment may be.
She has loved with as much vulnerability as she could, but have wonders if she trained them well. When facing the day again many thoughts may come up in our head and questions may whirl around our head.
Do they know where to turn when the battle around them rages on. When their hearts are hurt, when there is fear or remorse? Do they know how to forgive and how to extend grace?
As parents we try to prepare our children. We try to make them strong enough so that they , at their turn, shall be able to look at the world, go into it and accomplish many things. Hopefully not having to suffer to much and hopefully not to end up to be disappointed.
For sure they too shall have to face ‘Disappointments’, but what would they be?
- It looks different for everyone…it is deeply personal.
- Maybe … describes an unmet need, a missed opportunity,…a loss > cut deeply, become hard to move through + settle deep in the spirit, festering… leaving holes in beating hearts. => rob the heart fibers of joy.
- Disappointments left untended => create bitter roots reaching deep…souring the soul and poisoning the body.
She felt that kind of life-threatening disappointment. The kind that will suck the very breath from your lungs.
- the climb too hard + the terrain too exhausting = journey seems impossible.
What is your mountain? A failing marriage…children running from home or faith…a body broken with sickness…a heart crushed with grief? Betrayal from a friend?
- Our life will be messy + take place among the brokenness in the world.
- Brokenness around us…brokenness living within us = living among the weeds.
- when we feel empty > dull, lonely heartache
The writer has learned not to let her fleeting feelings rule + reign her thoughts about a current circumstance.
- God has given an entire range of emotional experience to explore = freedom bring great joy + excruciating heartache.
Please concerning the last part of the text we want to say that we best pray to God. We also may be thankful to Jesus and give him praise, but we may only give the highest praise and worship to the heavenly Father of Jesus.