When choosing to have children this implies taking up certain responsibilities
- a lot of us in our generation seems to forego the essence of who we are as humans, as people and not just women => If trend continues => people it would hurt most = women themselves.
- working + multitasking like a machine = prerogative set by societal norms + the media = oppressive as those expectations putting women in the kitchen and keeping their thighs tightly shut.
- I mean what is any outcome really worth if it does not involve choice? It might be packaged differently but still remains devoid of any real progression.
- women seem to wait till a cloud floats over their marital bliss, to decide to turn into a feminista.
- all about grace + ladylike behaviour.
- parenting risks something much bigger + continues to impact generations to come. A far more scary prospect, if you ask!
- When deciding to become a parent > elements like ego + self-interest needs to automatically move lower on the priority list.
- child you produce = you + your partner decided to bring them out.
- child =/= your private property to do away with
- child = lifelong commitment.
- Selfish parents often procreate a far worse version of themselves while fighting custody battles over their egos.
- tiny change in an adult’s life can impact a younger person’s impressionable phases in life, in fundamental ways.
- those with young
- 30 Days of Thanksgiving: thankful for moms
- Stop making it about you and other offensive things people say
- This is The Difference Between Parenting Preschoolers and Teens
- How do I know if I’m a great parent?
- I Don’t Owe You Anything
- Parenting Rule #1: Always Be Suspicious
- One of those days ….
- It’s time we got rid of our mum guilt
- Twin Parenting: You Can’t Take Pleasure In Every Minute
- Help the Divas in Your Life Cope with Grief
- Children Can Be So Rude
- Feminismo y paranoia
- Día de las niñas – SuperVioletas
- Una feminista estadounidense abortó a su bebé sólo por ser varón: “No podría traer otro monstruo a este mundo”
- Las Mujeres “NO” somos Histericas!
I know what you’re all thinking about. Whether this is yet another piece about whether women can have it all. But in addressing the contention around that question, a lot of us in our generation seems to forego the essence of who we are as humans, as people and not just women. If that trend continues, I think the people it would hurt the most is, well of course – us. The women themselves.
View original post 412 more words
One response to “Parenting, self-interest and some ugly choices!”
Pingback: Why women, on the whole, are left to do more housework | From guestwriters