Every day, for the duration of a lifetime.
So many questions. So much doubt. So many thoughts.
Newspapers tell us about possible paths to take.
Friends give advice.
Books give insight.
What happens when you empty your head ?
What do you feel when it is quiet?
When you close yourself off from the outside world?
When you make everything go quiet, very quiet, as in hibernation.
The intense silence makes you restless at first.
Your thoughts go on raving.
And that is allowed.
Accept your doubts and your fears.
But then, listen…
Your inner voice becomes powerful.
You can quieten yourself.
In the Great Silence you find your own voice again.
And also your own answers.
Every now and then, become silent.
Be at home in yourself.
Silence is not an empty space, but full of answers.
Dutch original / Nederlands origineel: De stilte is niet leeg maar vol antwoorden
- Negative state of mind – created by worry, anger, boredom, or
- Screams of solitude
- Lent Reflection: Hiding Place
- Kierkegaard’s Remedy for the Modern World
- The Weight of Silence
- Shhh… Quiet
- Quietness (by Janet)
- Quietness (by Care giving marriage)
- A Quiet Moment
- Quiet the mind
- Find Your Quiet Place
- Quietness Over Strife
- The Power in Quietness
- What calms and settles …
- Peaceful sands, quiet hands
- Mindfulness requires that we not over-identify with thoughts and feelings so that we are caught up and swept away by negativity.
- Little ways to improve your life
- The sound of silence
- The Silence of Others
- Into My Stillness
- Spirit filled… Spirit led…
- Blissful 🦋
- Quote of the day: You may think I am small
- Loud-mouthed ….. –Hush Now
- Weekly Torah Commentary -Trumah March 3, 201
- Swift to hear – James 1:19
- Life is a candy shop
- Quiet Girl
- Free time… what to do?
- The Forgotten Aspect of Prayer
- Stand Still And Praise
- The Cracks in My Silence
- Ode to Quietness
- The Thread