- 500th anniversary of Reformation = faced with a clear and present danger – an anti-Reformation movement from within the evangelical church.
- Sola Scriptura turned on its head
- christians need to focus on the spirit and not the word of man and look at the bible in a more critical way to decipher what God is truly asking of us rather than blindly following the ideals human beings have injected into it.
- A special anniversary for the Church where Catholics and Protestants find common ground
- Followers, protestors and reformers
- A New Reformation
- Trying to Get Rid of Holy Days for a Long Time
- 8 Reasons Christian Holidays Should Not Be Observed
It was welcome back to Britain with a bang today…..lots of things to catch up on and then a most distressing and disturbing conversation on Facebook. I share one part of it with you because to me it profoundly illustrates why the church in the UK (and probably the US) is in so much trouble…and I mean the evangelical church.
On the one hand we do have the legalists and moralists – and that is an ever-present danger – but in reaction to that we often end up with the opposite extreme – a form of evangelical liberalism which, whilst it retains all the right language about God and the Gospel, actually ends up with a different God and a different Gospel – which is, as Paul says, really no Gospel at all.
A friend posted a comment about Transgender which declared his frustration and disappointment as a Christian…
View original post 2,049 more words