It has come so far that humans are to blame for the extinction of many beautiful creatures. According to a 2014 study, current extinction rates are 1,000 times higher than they would be if humans weren’t around.
All through history we also can see when there were too many people able to destroy their environment, nature took charge and eliminated lots of people. In the past, there were many awful battles, wars taking the lives of many. After the Great War it did not seem yet enough. The influenza pandemic of 1918–19, also called Spanish influenza pandemic or Spanish flu, was the most severe influenza outbreak of the 20th century and, in terms of total numbers of deaths, among the most devastating pandemics in human history. It resulted in an estimated 25 million deaths, though some researchers have projected that it caused as many as 40–50 million deaths. Nothing compared to the Sars-CoV-1 infection. Sars and Ebola frightened many, but now the Sars-CoV-2 or CoViD-19 brings these 21st-century people also on their knees, fearing for their lives.
Today the majority of people have become so materialistic their first concerns is to protect the economy. Still, too many politicians dare to tell their citizens they should continue to go to work and have the factories working, not having to be so afraid to come close to each other. There are even politicians who do find more money should be spent on the economy instead of providing health workers with the necessary protection.
We can only hope this pandemic is going to awaken many and bringing many changes to how we shall go to work and move around.
Fundamental shifts in the way we interact and live, in our interpersonal and business relationships, in the way we treat our families, each other, and ourselves, shall have to take place.
A few months ago most people took not the time to think about their way of life and how mankind played with mother nature. Since many weren’t able to find the time to get to meditate about our way of living, along comes this virus, which certain politicians still do not take seriously enough to take the necessary protection measures.
Where there is a lockdown, people now can find time to come back to themselves. It does not seem to be easy for many, to be confronted with so much time for themselves. But they shall have to rethink their lifestyle at the moment. CoViD-19 gives us all the time we need, forcing us into this shift = a shift, in our consciousness, our way of thinking and living, of learning, and loving.
The guestwriter of today thinks the planet is trying to tell us something:
- we have created so much pollution with our lifestyles => climate has become inhospitable + CO2 levels reach critical mass in the next couple decades
- an only money matters mentality
- Do we believe in our government or do we think it will fail us?
- spiritually bereft we ignore The Power of Now.
- fundamental shift in way we interact + live > interpersonal + business relationships, way we treat our families, each other, + ourselves
- use this time to think about what your hands can do that will benefit your better well-being + that of those around you.
- things to tackle > free time => use it >> view less as isolation => more as a Roto-Rooter for the Soul =>work miracles in your life.
- safe in your home = shelter-in-place => give thanks < homeless population > no shelter = among most vulnerable among us.
- extra time
- look at movies
- do gardening
- choose giving
- Instead of loneliness > choose levity.
- Stay connected.
- Instead of solitude > institute “bring your dog or cat to work” day.
- Enjoy the shorter commute.
- Take time for walks.
- Practice walking meditation > take some time to meditate on kind of world you would like to be living in when this is all over => first dream it into being
- be kind.
Find also to read
- 2014 Health and welfare
- 2015 Health and Welfare
- The unseen enemy
- Making deeper cuts than some terrorist attacks of the near past
- In denial, Donald Trump continues to insist that nothing serious is at hand and everything is in control
- India affected by Corona
- Using fears of the deadly coronavirus
- Europe in Chaos for a Pandemic
It’s been a hell of a few weeks and it looks like it will continue for a bit. At the risk of sounding both blasé and alarmist at once, I think the planet is trying to tell us something.
In the process, we have created so much pollution with our lifestyles that our climate has become inhospitable and our CO2 levels will reach critical mass in the next couple decades without a complete overhaul of how we do business.
We’ve gotten into an only money matters mentality, and the stock market’s precipitous weeks’ long plunge not only put a hurting on most people’s retirement funds but eroded faith in the economy. That event may keep us working longer…
View original post 1,046 more words