In our life we start learning to understand signals from others and learn to give meaning to words and actions.
The learning never stops. Each day a new we have to tackle some things and should be able to open our mind to receive knowledge others want to share with us and open our heart to share with others. As such we can all be a small link in a big chain.
- The Language of Learning Analytics (distance-educator.com)
- Holistic approaches for Learning with Technology (bigideasineducation.ca)
- Babies’ brains show that social skills linked to second language learning (psypost.org)
- Babies’ brains show that social skills linked to second language learning (eurekalert.org)
- L&D Design… and Art and a Science (slideshare.net)
- IT enters new learning environment (slideshare.net)
- I’ve learned…that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere. (eagleman6788.wordpress.com)
- Spiders quickly learn eavesdropping to gain ground on the mating competition (sciencedaily.com)
Tag Archives: to Discover
Look with your eyes. See with your heart!
You are in the supermarket pushing a cart. You are in front of the shelves with apples that are neatly stored according to taste, kind and variety. It is fruit you need for your health and you buy it, whether the price is good or not. You look at the quality label and then put a pack of six in your cart and go to the till.
It is not because you look that you see.
Your biological eye sees shapes and different colours. But do we actually ‘see’ what we are ‘looking’ at?
‘To see’ is only possible by standing still in a special way, by consciously looking at and by being present with mindfulness. To see is always the result of looking with our inner eye, because reality has a tactile outer side but also an invisible inner side.
What if you would pick your apple yourself in the orchard ?
When choosing the apple that you pick yourself, you invariably begin to smile because of what you see, feel and smell. Your eyes admire the shapes and colours ,while your hands handle the apple as a piece of live food. This apple , ‘your apple’ is not any more just merchandise, but one of the wonders of life that you want to cherish.
Very often we ‘look’ without ‘seeing’, because our heart is not in it.
Phil Bosmans once wrote :
“There are so many wonders around us that are waiting to be discovered. When you look at someone you love, when you look at flowers and butterflies and birds because you find them beautiful, you always see so much more than only your eyes can see.Then you discover daily new miracles”.
You start to think more with your heart than with your mind.
– Dutch version / Nederlandse versie: Kijk met je ogen zie met je hart
- sunrise marks beginning of a new day + reveal work of the sea
- tide swept clean the shoreline
- we have is today
- make peace with your past
- have faith in your future
- reclaim your now
- Living is not outrunning yesterday or out manipulating tomorrow
- discover today that which matters most in the lives around us
- dare to act upon that which we discover
As the sunrise marks the beginning of a new day, may it also reveal the work of the sea. Working diligently all night, the tide has swept clean the shoreline of yesterday’s footprints leaving only behind a new day to discover.
It’s rather fitting.. all we have is today.
So make peace with your past. Have faith in your future. Reclaim your now. Living is not outrunning yesterday or out manipulating tomorrow. It’s knowing that last breath we took was the only guarantee we have today.
How shall we spend that next one?
May we discover today that which matters most in the lives around us. And may we dare to act upon that which we discover. When the tide rolls in later tonight to sweep clean today’s footprints, what stories will be left behind?
Pondering One who makes all things new..