Jesus called man to follow him as The Way to God. He warned us for not to be mistaken and thinking that by grace we would be saved and have nothing to do any more. Jesus himself gave already some tasks we should do and gave enough examples of people who missed the opportunity to enter the Lord’s house.
Like Jesus, who did not want to do his own will (which he would have done in case he would be God), we too should try to do the Will of our heavenly Father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the God of Christ and his disciples. The God of Jews Who should also be the God of Christians and God of Muslims but also should become the God of love of our world. this can only happen when people continue the work Jesus asked his followers to do, to go out in the world and to proclaim the Works of God and to tell them the Good News of the coming Kingdom of God.
In case we want to be proper children of God, we have to honour Him and appreciate Him for what He has done for us and for what He still can mean for us. Him we do have to praise in Christ. By following the teachings of rabbi Jeshua we have to show the world we do not want to be from it but that we want to be of God, whitewashed by the innocent blood of Christ.
- seen a strong-willed child + wondered what kind of battles his parents endure on a daily basis
- strength of one’s character reveals itself in the very beginning => Parents + grandparents quickly recognize dominant personality traits
- certain things each of us been good at ever since we were little kids
- with some training = potential to use it for good
- in adult business world = gift of reading people well => selling your product
- God has a great purpose for the strategic thinker!
- In Scripture example of Aaron > leading people according to God’s divine direction
- people grew impatient + asked Aaron to make a god for them => he did = fashioned a calf idol from their donated gold, + they had a pagan- style celebration of their new god.
- Aaron had great potential for leading people in worship > however, he was mistaken in solving their need, +, in the process, misled the entire community!
That is also what we see today. Many have made their own idols into a god. Lots of Christians also made Jesus into their own god. For them it seems a nice solution though lots of them do not understand quite really the matter of the trinity and the biblical saying we should only have One True God, the Eternal Spirit and Adonai, Elohim Hashem Maker Jehovah.
- Israel’s actions angered God => see mercy of God => gave them another chance
- God selected Aaron to be the first of the Levitical line of Israel’s priesthood
- men who would be separated unto God to live holy lives + to bring God’s people into holy communion with Him through worship according to His Word
- Aaron gifted in leading others in worship.
What about you? Child of God <= created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for you to do (See Ephesians 2:10)
- Through the Spirit’s empowerment => strength = powerful tool for revealing glory of God in the earth
- gifts of the Spirit work in and through you => reveal God’s goodness > excelling natural abilities => supernatural gifts
“This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples” (John 15:8).
Walk It Out Hear God’s Word + put it into practice (Luke 8:21)
- Paul giving notice of the works we have to do
- The works we have to do according to James the brother of Christ
- Leading people astray!
- Comments to James remarks, about Faith and works
- Luther’s misunderstanding
- January 27, 417, Pope Innocent I condemning Pelagius about Faith and Works
- Our life depending on faith
- Romans 4 and the Sacraments
- Is Justification a process?
- Justification – salvation is by grace through faith – JI Packer
- Faith itself not the cause of justification – Louis Berkhof
- Letter to the Romans, chapter 3
- Letter to the Romans, chapter 4
- Additional comments to the 3rd Letter to the Romans
- Additional comments to the Letter to the Romans 4
- Which is worse–works without faith, or faith without works?
- James 2:14-23 — Justified Dynamic Faith & works
- James 2:24 – You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
- James 2:25. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
Read also other articles as:
- A god who gave his people commandments and laws he knew they never could keep to it
- Our relationship with God, Jesus and eachother
- The way of salvation
- A “seed” for the blessing of all mankind would come through the family of Abraham
- God works faith
- Faith is the belief that god will do what is right
- Christ’s ethical teaching
- Being Justified by faith
- Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.
- Faith Requires a Basis
- Walking in love by faith, not by sight
- Faith Alone Does Not Save . . . No Matter How Many Times Protestants Say It Does
- A Living Faith #1 Substance of things hoped for
- A Living Faith #2 State of your faith
- A Living Faith #3 Faith put into action
- A Living Faith #4 Effort
- A Living Faith #5 Perseverance
- A Living Faith #6 Sacrifice
- Faith and works
- Sharing your faith
- Bearing fruit
- Observing the commandments and becoming doers of the Word
- The first on the list of the concerns of the saint
- Be holy
- 1 Corinthians 15 Hope in action
- Chief means by which men are built up
- Not to play at Christianity
- To be established in the present truth
- She who sows thistles will reap prickles
- Love for each other attracting others
- Share your faith
- Outflow of foundational relationship based on acceptance of Jesus
- Faith, storms and actions to be taken
- The longer you wait
- A call easy to understand
You Are Created in Christ Jesus to Do Good Works (Ephesians 2:10)
Have you ever seen a strong-willed child and wondered what kind of battles his parents endure on a daily basis? Maybe you were that strong-willed child, or perhaps you’re raising one! It amazes me how the strength of one’s character reveals itself in the very beginning. Parents and grandparents quickly recognize the dominant personality traits. My response to such observations- “God has a great purpose for that!”
There are certain things that each of us has been good at ever since we were little kids. Maybe we didn’t use the gift for good, but we were certainly good at it, and with some training, we had potential to use it for good. Take, for instance, the child who can strategize and work a situation to turn in his favor… Sure, it’s manipulation at its finest, but in…
View original post 463 more words