In Christianity pastors or preachers should be followers of Christ Jesus and spread the Good News of the coming Kingdom of God. Their first and most important book in their preaching should be the Greatest Book of all, the Bible.
It is not bad to look back at the several people who also tried to be a servant of Christ or to be a servant of God. But the main focus of the preaching may not be on the words of those previous preachers, but always should focus on the Words of God. Too often that is forgotten in several churches, where they shout only a few quotes from Scriptures and fill the main service with their own words and with music, in the hope to entertain the people in their church.
Today we have to ask all those elders, presbyters, expositors to come to preach That Most Important Word. all those who hope to have some mega church running should better remember those who did their best to bring the Word of God to the people: The evangelists in the Second and First Great Awakenings and the Reformers who preached the Word, like the apostle Paul preached followed Jesus who also preached the Word, him following Isaiah, Ezra and so many man of God who where not afraid to preach the Word of God.
Martin Luther = main spark to Protestant Reformation <= 95 Theses > because the Word was unleashed.
William Tyndale, John Hus, + many others executed for translating or preaching the Word in people’s language.
Roman Catholic Church prevented Catholics from reading the Word themselves + from possessing a Bible > restricted for a thousand years.
Read word for soul’s health > solace
expository preaching > involves exposition, or comprehensive explanation, of Scripture => presenting meaning + intent of biblical text, providing commentary + examples => passage clear + understandable ==> expose meaning of the Bible, verse by verse.
Knowing the blood of the martyrs soaks the ground under thousands of stakes, how dare we insert our own words, opinions, fads, and stunts onto the pulpit? Men died for this Word to be preached. Jesus as the Word suffered and absorbed all God’s wrath for the elect so this word would go out and be preached.
- The Reformation shows us why we need expository preaching
- St. Luke: An Expositional and Devotional Commentary” by William Klock
- How Relevant is Your Church?
- 1810 5vols The Family Expositor or A Paraphrase and Version of the New Testament
- The Protestant Reformation and the Reformers: The Truth Restored
- Was the Reformers’ Gospel something new?
- A Swiss Reformer
- The Human Reformer: Martin Luther Struggled With Depression and Nightmares
- Scripture Alone, for the Reformers and us!
The End Time
With the 500th year anniversary of the Reformation coming upon us October 31, many people are looking to history and learning Martin Luther and his the men that came before him.
Martin Luther is generally acknowledged to have been a main spark to the Protestant Reformation. Protestant comes from the word protest, which Luther’s 95 Theses sparked against the Roman Catholic Church’s excesses of indulgences (sin absolution for hire) and other abuses.
The Reformation didn’t happen because Martin Luther put the 95 Theses on the door to Wittenberg Chapel. It happened because the Word was unleashed. ~Mark McAndrew, North Avenue Church
Here, John MacArthur explains in a 1:33 clip How unhindered access to God’s Word changed history.
William Tyndale, John Hus, and many others were executed for translating or preaching the Word in the people’s language. The Roman Catholic Church prevented the Catholics from reading the Word themselves and…
View original post 597 more words
Waiting is definitely a test. It tests our patience and our loyalty. It tests our love and our mercy. Waiting is not for the weak. (Lee Young)
I consider myself a patient person but waiting on God changed me forever. Waiting chiseled at my rough edges. It revealed to me my true character. It accentuated the distance between God and me.
I find it hard to deal with God’s silences. I want quick solutions to difficult problems and God’s timeline hardly ever aligns with mine.
Wait. Be patient. Why is it so easy to say, but so hard to do?
When I look back on the seasons of my life, I must admit that I act differently during the times of testing. My conversations with God often fill up with frustration and anger and it is difficult to keep impatience from spilling into my spiritual life. These are the times…
View original post 955 more words
Though many shut their ears for the Most Important Voice in the world That Voice never gives up to try to reach those who can find solace in it.
Most human beings are eager to know what other human being think about them and about other things, though they do not question what the Maker of all would think.
Let us give an ear to our inner voice and start hearing the Upper Voice.
- We are given
- we shall be tested
- we can gain
- question and answer come hand in hand.
- God lifts up
- we never get to see the full picture
- we hold all the answers and the key to wisdom
- Knock and they’ll be here
- Seek =>, you will find.
Find further reading:
- “Before” and “after” the Big Bang
- A little ray of sunshine.
- Dealing with worries in our lives
- People Seeking for God 6 Strategy
- Seeing or not seeing and willingness to find God
- God’s Blog recorded in a Book
- Creator and Blogger God 1 Emptiness and mouvement
- Creator and Blogger God 2 Image and likeness
- Creator and Blogger God 3 Lesson and solution
- Creator and Blogger God 4 Expounding voice
- Creator and Blogger God 5 Things to tell
- Creator and Blogger God 8 A Blog of a Book 2 Holy One making Scriptures Holy
- Creator and Blogger God 12 Old and New Blog 2 Blog for every day
- Challenging claim 1 Whose word
- Challenging claim 3 Inspired by God 2 Inerrant Word of God
- Eternal Word that tells everything
- Atonement And Fellowship 5/8
- Just be yourself…
- Looking to the East and the West for Truth
- God’s wisdom for the believer brings peace (In the darkness and the void of the world)
- Al-Fatiha [The Opening] Süra 1:1-7 Help from God our Maker
- I can’t believe that … (4) God’s word would be so violent
- Being Religious and Spiritual 7 Transcendence to become one
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #2 Calling upon the Name of God
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #1 Creator and His Prophets
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #2 Instructions and Laws
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #3 A voice to be taken Seriously
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #4 Words in Scripture
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #5 To meditate and Transform
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #6 Words to feed and communicate
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #4 Transitoriness #3 Rejoicing in the insistence
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #5 Prayer #2 Witnessing
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #7 Prayer #5 Listening Ear
- Breathing to teach
With what I’m given
What shall be tested?
With which I’m in gain
What shall remain?
What of all things so sweet as such can bring me a kiss whenever I ask?
Of all I am, who can set free this wandering mind? My soul stands up shouting out all the answers. It’s funny how the question and answer come hand in hand.
The path I’m walking on is elevated and high up beyond the sky. God lifted me up so I could catch a glimpse of how he views society, he has a birds eye view. We never get to see the full picture, but that day I did. I sat right next to him and he said, “Take note. Watch how this situation occurring over here is changing the lives of the people over here, or how things just worked out in that mans favor. He has not…
View original post 109 more words
We should know that it has no use to let negativity overshadow our life. Though we do have to grow up with falling and standing up again, we always better try to stand up each time and to go on with the experience we got, using it not to weaken us but to sharpen us and to strengthen us in our life.
Every time we are confronted with something negative, we should take a deep breath and try to remember the better happenings, the events we enjoyed, the people who could give us some warmth and the friendships which are dear to us.
The best reliance is the the deeper inner self, the trust in what is perhaps hidden deep in ourselves. Never shall alcohol, overeating, or drugs be of any real help. Sometimes it may look it can give some solace, but it shall not really bring alleviation.
All being created in the image of God we should know we do have Somebody to count on. Wherever we are in whatever situation we might be, we should not feel lonely or on our own. If we really want to allow the Supreme Divine Creator enter in our life, He shall be willing to take our stretched out hand and to help us over the ridge, the dessert or the dangerous river.
In Him we can find our Helper, our Sword, our Light and The One Who brings us further in this life.
In and with Him, the God of gods, we shall be able to feel the love and to give love to others so that they shall come closer to us wanting to share the same feelings of unity and close friendship in this universe which has so much to offer.
Always keep looking for the positive and believe in yourself, because you are here created and placed on this earth with reason. You will not always see it directly what your purpose in life will be, but when you continue your way you shall find out and find it worthwhile living.
Open yourself to see opportunities and to love your life. Be wise enough to be grateful. Be courageous enough to be happy.
Please do find also to read:
- Depression Is and When
- Searching for fulfilment and meaning through own efforts, facing unsatisfaction and depression
- Running away from the past
- Remember there’s a light in the next day
- What If you’re only driven by stress?
- Getting fate in your change to positiveness
- Without God no purpose, no goal, no hope
- Materialism, would be life, and aspirations
- Depression, Anxiety, Pressure and megachurches
- Thanksgiving wisdom: Why gratitude is good for your health
- Importance of parents 1
- Always a choice
- Change should not be stressful
- Happiness is like manna
- We have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
- Everything that is done in the world is done by hope
- Commit your self to the trustworthy creator
- Be an Encourager
- Joy: Foundation for a Positive Life
Other articles of interest:
- Who do you think you are?
- Love your life.
- You’re worth it.
- God – Made
- In All Honesty
- April Showers: A Celebration of Life in Loss
- A new routine
- Your New Identity: An Interview with Jeff Crouse
- Rick Warren’s Horrific Tragedy & The Sickening Response of Some “Christians”
- Beyond Kindness
- Happy international women’s Day 2014
- Leave the Apathy
- Revital of life
- Burn my ego
- How to Feel Good About Yourself
- A Ray of Sunshine (authenticlove789.wordpress.com)
I live in probably the rainiest city in the South, Greenville-South Carolina (yes the home of Delvin Choice from The Voice lol.) In Greenville, it rains (monsoons) for at least four days d a week and then the rest of the week is filled with beautiful rays of sunshine.
We have to maintain a positive attitude and remember that each time God shines a little sunshine in our lives, it is an opportunity for us to show our gratitude and to bring positivity to others. Be a ray of sunshine! Don’t allow your complaints to turn your life into a continual rainy day. Recognize the good that you are experiencing and rest in God’s goodness towards you. Just rest in His eternal light!
- Sunshine (lifeasagarden.wordpress.com)
Sunshine doesn’t have to be something that is external from you, but instead, it can be internal and live deep down inside of you. It can be raining and gloomy, or snowing and cold, but because of the glow from your sunshine, you will be toasty and warm.
That little ray of sunshine chases away the blues when the ego tries to bring trouble into view. Sometimes you do have to dig very deep to grab your sunshine up from the heap, but it’s worth it when the road gets rough and tough up ahead.
- Sparkling with Sunshine (justinewinter.wordpress.com)
I was absorbing an abundance of positivity, reading the signs the world threw my way and interpreting them to mean something good, something worthwhile, something that made me chipper.
- Sunshine and gratitude (grandmasbriefs.com)
As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful.
- Hello Sunshine! (frenchadventure.net)
The sun has returned with a vengeance today, 30 degrees in the shade and I’m loving it, as i type this I’m sat at my office desk in the garden with the view of the last rays of the day on the distance sunflowers and vines, how lucky am i?
- Sunshine (astewaygattew.wordpress.com)
Sunshine light sunshine bright
Not a dark cloud close in sight
Sunshine thrive sunshine imbibe
Sweet healing rays on all your tribe
Sunshine healing sunshine feeling
Its the essensce of our beeing
- Summer Sun (whenwordsescape.wordpress.com)
- You Are My Sunshine by Kasey Carney (countrymarketplace.wordpress.com)
You Are My Sunshine, first recorded during the Great Depression in 1939 by the Pine Ridge Boys, is an American classic.
Recently, a young woman dropped by the store to choose her Sunshine sign. She explained that she was a little girl when her mother passed away. Her grandmother used to sing the Sunshine song to her and tell her stories about her mom. She said being at Country Marketplace and seeing the sign reminded her of the two important women in her life. I was so touched she shared her story with me.
- Cold Sun (thelovesprockets.wordpress.com)
In my state of melancholy, all I really wanted was to lay in the sunshine and be warmed by His loving rays.
But I felt no warmth from this particular sunshine.
I felt resigned to the possibility that maybe I was going to die and I didn’t much care anymore. I scribbled down some words in a notebook, picked up my guitar, and in less than 10 minutes had a song floating in the air around me.
The Hurt Healer
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.’ – Helen Keller
Do you believe that every day brings the possibility for a little ray of sunshine? Or does negativity overshadow your life? Is your glass half-empty and running out fast? Or is it half-full and waiting for a sparkling refill? The choice is yours.
An upbeat attitude can bring brighten up the gloomiest of circumstances. Choosing to think positively can revive you when you feel weary, provide clarity in chaos and keep you encouraged during uncertainty And when you make a conscious decision to refuse to allow the darkness to engulf you, you keep the way clear for your optimistic thoughts to shine.
Admittedly there are some days when tragedy strikes or a huge disappointment has to be dealt with and it is impossible to feel anything but despair. That’s a natural and expected way to…
View original post 507 more words