Around us we may find lots of material things which can attract and distract us. We have nature, something which can not be made by man but can only be adjusted or changed to man’s desires. We have all sorts man-made things which can be for use or just for being there, one moment to give pleasure, an other moment to be thrown away as useless.
The things from nature, the goods which make us able to create things they all come from somewhere. It is the earth that gives it to us. But behind it is the Master Hand. What lots of people do not see or do not want to know is that behind everything made there is the Master Creator Who allows others to be and to create such things.
For many it is a very hard thing to believe that everything we can see around us and all things we can have is because God allows it to be there. It is there because of God allowing it but it also belongs to God. We like to think that what we have is ours and no one elses. Man wants to have everything for him or herself. Man wants to feed the “I” and wants to satisfy the “I”. Man thinks by taking all things for him/herself he can be and can satisfy the inner person and fulfil his “I am” ambition.
Strangely enough people want to gather as much as they can and safe it, though they will not be able to take it with them when they die. Their possessions will either go to someone else or be thrown away to be incinerated or to go in oblivion on the trash pile.
In this world there are so many who want to flaunt with what they can gather. They are so proud, but in a way do know nothing, and dote on an argument and quarrel on the use of a word or on the way of life. With their earthly grabbing culture they are the cause of envy and controversy and blasphemy and evil premeditation.
Strife among men whose minds are corrupt and who are cut off from the truth and who think worshipping God is for worldly gain should alert us and make it that we keep away from such things. Those who love God should know that their gain is greater contentment, for it is the worship of God. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:6-7 HNV But godliness with contentment is great gain. (7) For we brought nothing into the world, and we certainly can’t carry anything out.
Therefore, let us enjoy the beauty of nature and the God given things and let us be satisfied with food, raiment and shelter. For those who desire to be rich, fall into temptations, and snares, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which causes them to sink in degeneration and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all evil: and there are some men who have coveted it and have thereby erred from the faith, they have brought to themselves many sorrows.
1Ti 6:8-10 HNV But having food and clothing, we will be content with that. (9) But those who are determined to be rich fall into a temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful lusts, such as drown men in ruin and destruction. (10) For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some have been led astray from the faith in their greed, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
In case you love God and you want to go for Him, you should flee these things; and follow after righteousness, piety, faith, love, patience, and meekness. We are told to fight the good fight of faith, and to let the right things reign in our mortal body, laying hold on eternal life to which we are called, having professed a true profession before many witnesses.
1Ti 6:11-12 HNV But you, man of God, flee these things, and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, and gentleness. (12) Fight the good fight of faith. Lay hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you confessed the good confession in the sight of many witnesses.
1Co 6:18 HNV Flee sexual immorality! “Every sin that a man does is outside the body,” but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.
Rom 6:12 HNV Therefore don’t let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
Nothing but the all mighty God, mighty Prince, the King of kings, and Lord of lords, has immortality or deathlessness, dwelling in the light which no man can approach, and whom no man has seen, nor can see. To Him be honour and dominion for ever and ever. Even Christ Jesus, the son of God had to face death. He really died, was three days in hell and was than taken out of the dead by his heavenly Father, the Only One True God.
Even the son who has received authority from his heavenly Father to judge and to be a king shall have to hand over the Kingdom of God to his heavenly Father in due time, because everything belongs to God.
Like Jesus only did the Will of his heavenly Father, and not his own will, we should try to do also the Will of God. Like Jesus could not do anything without his Father, we should know also that nothing is possible without God as Sustainer of the world allowing it to happen.
As Christians we should know that we live in the world but should not be part of it. We may get many possessions but should take care those things do not take possession of us.
Everything what we gather in our life we should use for the good. Not only for the good of the self but also for helping others.
Mat 6:19-21 HNV “Don’t lay up treasures for yourselves on the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal; (20) but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consume, and where thieves don’t break through and steal; (21) for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Strife: heated, often violent conflict or disagreement; angry or violent struggle or quarrel; Contention or competition between rivals; trouble or discord of any kind; strenuous effort; open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals)
- What Are You Seeking?
- Souls and Religions with Nirvana and light
- Finding Beauty Amongst the Trash
- True happiness, love and perfection
- Not holding back and getting out of darkness
- Purify my heart
- Two states of existence before God
- A good idea to halt all activity for one hour some day
- A Living Faith #3 Faith put into action
- Rest thy delight on Jehovah
- The truth is very plain to see and God can be clearly seen
- Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God
- What happens when we die?
- Is there an Immortal soul
- Looking on what is going on and not being of it
- What is the Root of All Evil?
- Love of money
- Money! money! Money! It has become our goal and our god!
- For The Love of Money Is The Root of All Evil
- Your Business, Your Money, Your Faith
- Money & That Love of it
- Not That Rich
- The danger of riches: Mark 10-11
- the true riches
- How to Lose Your True Wealth
- Loving Money is Spiritual Suicide
- Our world is hell
- The modern prosperity teachings
- Possessions and the kingdom
- Serving two masters
- A Crown Of Splendor
- Watch Your Focus! 1 Timothy 6, March 23, 2014
- 1 Timothy 6:6-10
- Stay Focused
- I’d Rather Die Poor Than Live My Life Without You.
- Sell all that thou hast, and give to the poor
- February 18 – Contentment
- Woes and Watchout Warnings
- Materialism vs. Excellence
- Make Your Time Count
- I Am God. (justinianrogado.wordpress.com)
- Why Hell is Going On in the World (planet.infowars.com)
- John 3:1-17 God Loves us Sooo Much RSUMC 20150531 (mysundaysermons.com)
- We Serve The God Of Amazing Worth (brandinicolejm.wordpress.com)
- Material and RaisedButton. (chromiumcodereview.appspot.com)
- How To De-stress In The Material World (For Free!) (wakeup-world.com)
- Different kinds of wristbands (slideshare.net)
- Mexico politics (nation.com.pk)