I could not resist to reblog this nice overview by the musician Philip Lee, of what a dictatorship implies or means. I would have loved it to be placed on my private blog Marcus Ampe’s Space, but at the moment I am very far behind by posting my personal visions and non-religious articles. Not fitting yet in the series nor in my other blogspot “Our World” I am publishing it here in the hope you may enjoy it too.
In his article the writer looks at how a dictatorship gives total power to its ruler and its hallmark which is often a cult of personality. In Turkey Erdogan managed to built up his personal ‘cultus’ very cleverly, being patient enough to get his goal. As the the 12th President of Turkey since 2014 Erdogan has done all he could to bring the country back to 80 years ago concerning the way of life but this time in an economically much improved country, that must be said. though he handy made use of war to divert attention from domestic problems.
Today we not only see a dictatorship in Russia and Turkey, soon there is one looming around the corner with Trump and some other nationalists, who get the citizens in their trap by telling them lots of lies and making them cross against those who were before them so that attention on any default of them is taken away by diversion.
- current State of Emergency rule = wide net targetting coup conspirators + Erdoğan’s opponents => After 2016 coup, thousands arrested + thousands of civil servants (supporters of the many secular-oriented officials who opposed Erdoğan in the past) ousted from their jobs => eliminating any criticism or opposition.
- President Erdoğan targeting anyone who doesn’t support him > silence anyone who is critical of the ruling AKP party >by ongoing state of emergency
- Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) > breakdown of a peace process + escalating conflict between Turkish security forces + armed Kurdistan Workers’ Party => mounting civilian deaths + multiple human rights violations.
- Freedom of expression + freedom of the press curtailed or drastically censored > shutdown of newspapers + magazines
- Erdogan warns Europeans’ risk being ‘unsafe’ as feud rages with EU — Unless this stops “no European, no Westerner will be able to take steps on the street safely and peacefully.”
- Erdogan Turkey Germany – CWEB.com
- Did President Erdogan Threaten Europe Amid London Terror Attack?
- Turkey: The Unholy Clash of Interests, Terrorism and Politics, Islam and Islamists
- Video: Erdogan Treatens Europe Hours Before UK Terrorist Attack
- Turkey’s Move to Lead the European Caliphate
- Is it not time to call a halt to Erdogan’s fascism? Video Turkey’s President Erdogan: Soon Europeans ‘Will Not Walk Safely on Their Streets’ — The Muslim Issue
- Turkey: The Return of the Sultan
- Trumpocalypse 2017: At least we’re not Turkey
- Erdoğan Threatens Europe
- Erdoğan: Turks Must Outbreed Whites
- Is Turkey’s President Erdogan Working Directly With ISIS to Bring Terror
- Turkey, NATO: Getting Closer to Divorce
Further related articles