To safeguard democracy certain countries, like Belgium demand all people to come to vote when there are elections. In Belgium voting is compulsory and one is expected to bring in your thoughts on how the country or the European Union is run.
It is easy to complain that things are not going like you would love to see them going. But when giving your opinion the governement can take your voice into account and can have an idea what the people really want. Voting is the way to give your opinion and to give a signal to the ones governing if they are doing their job all-right or doing it wrongly.
It is up to each citizen to take his or her responsibility and to contribute to the working of the state- or political system. Not fulfilling your citizens duties is showing discontent for those in charge and not willing to take up a voice for those in need and for those who can’t speak for themselves (illiterate, poor, to young people but also plants and animals).
For years lots of people have fought to get a fair vote. Many have offered their life in name of democracy, freedom, equality and liberty, all matters we should protect and give highly esteem.
Between 23th and 26th of May 2019 European Parliament newly elected.
- Every single vote contributes to the outcome.
- Politics = enormous impact on our lives > influence every aspect of our life
- co-determine + co-decide => co-choose the politicians > possibility to control future of politics
- INEC releases photo samples of ballot boxes for 2019 elections
- On Voting
- Stolen Elections
- Time for Annie to Get her Gun: The Winds of Change Are Not Carrying Democracy
- Here Are the Alt-Right Figures Trump Thinks Are the Innocent Victims of Censorship
- Everything on Muskegon County’s ballot for next week’s Election Day
- Europeans 2019, in France, a poll on crisis background of yellow vests
23th and the 26th of May 2019 the European Parliament will be newly elected.
But, like in every election, not each citizen who has a vote uses it. If you
need some motivation to go to the ballot box, keep on reading.
single vote counts. Full stop. We live in a democracy. Every vote is counted
and contributes to the outcome.
is all around us. It has an enormous impact on our lives. Not only huge
decisions like taxes and pensions but also decisions as minor as the shape of
your banana are made by politics. They influence every aspect of your life as
they set the rules you then have to live by. With your vote you choose and influence
the politicians who make politics that influence your life. If you want to
co-determine how your life is influenced, you have to co-decide…
View original post 367 more words