People should feel grateful that their Divine Creator always has looked at mankind and even in spite of the two millennia of human failing which have characterised the church, still God continues to faithfully fulfil His promise, calling people to Himself from every nation, tribe and tongue, and patiently waiting until His Word shall be preached all over the world and until all His own are gathered in before He winds up time and ushers in the glory of our then not ending life anymore, being able to enter the small gate of His Kingdom where there shall be no pain or agony, having all suffering being ended and the world full of joy and peace.
- path of the righteous = level
- God establishes peace for us (Isa 26.3-4,7-9, 12&15)
- by gospel of Christ you are saved > Christ died for our sins + was buried + was raised on the third day => have hope in Christ
- stand firm + let nothing move you
- Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord <= labour in the Lord is not in vain. (1Cor 15.1-5,19-20,52&54,58)
- good news of our salvation = always true! >‘rock’ or foundation = basis of our lives > freedom + strength + joy
- God demonstrated His divine commitment to fulfilling promise – in spite of the faithlessness of His chosen people, their idolatry + abandonment of His truth
- gospel has not lost its power to transform <= God not been diminished in any way by the increasing sophistication of our world + not weakened because certain leading thinkers + social influencers dismiss the idea of faith
The only flaw in the text underneath may be the confusing saying “divinity of Christ” because by such saying different denominations mean something totally different from it. In case the writer would mean that Jesus is God, we naturally could not agree with that. Always remember that Jesus is the son of God and the one who put his own will aside to do the will of God, giving his life for the sins of mankind.
People have to stand firm, not going by all the human traditions and by the many false teachings or human doctrines, but should be keeping to the Biblical doctrines and keep away of any false worship or pagan rites.
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord for ever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal….
The path of the righteous is level; O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth. Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you…
Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us..You have enlarged the nation, O Lord; you have enlarged the nation. You have gained glory for yourself; you have extended all the borders of the land.
(Isa 26.3-4,7-9, 12&15)
Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received…
View original post 657 more words