In reaction to what Hillary Clinton said at a recent Women in the World Summit on April 23:
“Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice – not just on paper. Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed.”
It is a strange way of saying to have “Religious Beliefs About Abortion” to “Have to be Changed”. When one has a certain faith it is because those people belief in certain doctrines. When the rules of that faith were notated long ago there can only be a change in belief when one considers changes in interpretation.
It is a misunderstanding or mis-interpretation to think she demands a change of believes.
She clearly demands rights for women and want to see that they can get access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth. How can this be a demand of changing matters of faith when those who say they keep to a faith are following the rules of that so called faith?
If they call themselves Christian they should follow the teachings of Christ. But naturally they perhaps could call themselves better Methodist, Pentecostal, Evangelist or naming themselves to belong to an other denomination and not giving others the impression that all Christians would think like them.
Jesus never told anybody that a woman had no rights to her body and that others could decide for her.
In life every person has to decide for himself or herself. It is no different for female beings.
God gave permission to have judges and leaders to be installed and to have laws been written to organise a society. Hilary Clinton is right to say “Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper. Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will.”
When governments promise things they also have to keep their promises. When they want to respect their citizens they have to give them rights which are equal for all.
Though naturally those in charge can not demand that “deep-seated cultural codes can be changed when they are based on the Law of God. But in many societies we can see that lots of people have preferred to follow human doctrines and in such instance those deep-seated cultural codes are based on human doctrines, religious beliefs and structural biases which can and perhaps should have to be changed or to be looked at closer to see if they should not be accommodated.
- “The Vital Fact that’s Been Lost in the Debate Over Those Planned Parenthood Videos” | History News Network
- “Empty the Uterus”
- Bodies that matter. Bodies that don’t.
- Crucial Abortion In Coppell TX Information That You Deserve To Know
- Vital Abortion In Grand Prairie TX Information That You Should Be Aware Of
- Texas Defunds Planned Parenthood
- Meat On Our Bones: The Next Four Years
- The Opportunistic Morality of a Nation
- New at Live Action: Pro-Abortion Republican Murkowski Carries Water for Planned Parenthood
- New at Live Action: The Most Blatant Pro-Abortion False Advertising Yet
- Texas Defunds Planned Parenthood
- Crucial Information On Abortion Options In Grapevine TX That You Need To Know
- A Lesson On The Heart . . . .
- From the Sidewalk Chronicles: Crime of the Unborn
- Same Logic, Same Result
- Move to defund Planned Parenthood only hurts Texas families
- God Fearing Women Do Not Kill Babies
- Texas cuts off Medicaid funding to Planned Parenthood
- MSPs should hold abortion debate
- If we value life, we don’t get to choose which lives we value
- We Exist For Him
- The Church and violence
- Texas Defunds Planned Parenthood, Alleges Clinics Unsafe, Unsanitary
- Links for 10-19-2015
- Texas Cuts Planned Parenthood From Medicaid
- The Child I Didn’t Plan For
- Lawyer tried to keep pregnant refugee and rape victim in Australia, but government suddenly flew her out
- A False Choice
- A Revelatory Dream
- Missing Persons
- Why Should We Be Looking At The PP Defunding Debate? A Storify Assignment.
- How the investigation into Planned Parenthood affects student lives
- Can We Really Afford to Lose 700 Planned Parenthood Centers?
- Man Stabs His Pregnant Wife 17 Times to Try to Kill Their Unborn Child
- Abortion holocaust
- Shout Your Abortion
- Even the smallest person can change the course of the future
- Abortion and crime rates
- Support With Diagnosis
- Reading for Abortion in the Victorian Novel
- Planned Parenthood: another written question from the European Parliament – this time from a Socialist
- “But it’s Legal” – Does the legality of an act make it moral?
- What If Planned Parenthood Is Sincere?
- Republicans’ Love Hate Relationship With Waiting Periods