Christianity is not primarily a matter of morality, ideology, or even theology – it is primarily a matter of imitation. It is the imitation of The Christ that must concern us, first and foremost.
Jesus is the Model of true Christian faith in practice. He came to show us exactly what God had originally designed mankind to be. He came to be the model of what the Christian faith must be – and to pass that passion and purpose on to every disciple committed to Him. Our task, as Jesus’ disciples, is to imitate all that The Christ has modeled for us.
- 6 Priorities You Need
Four – Understanding Our Purpose, p. 126 Jesus came to be what the original Adam was supposed to be: the very “image” of God.
- Four – Understanding Our Purpose, p. 128
- Six – Understanding the Holy Spirit, p. 176
- Six – Understanding the Holy Spirit, p. 178
- Imitating Jesus — From the new book Love Like Jesus: How Jesus Loved People (and how you can love like Jesus)
- Following Jesus requires you to grow up