Tag Archives: Alan Hermann
It is a fact of life that we all fail in many ways and in many situations. The key of course is to learn from our failures and with God’s help to endeavour not to repeat them.
As I reflect on my many failures a few questions come to mind. How do others react to my failure? Who is hurt or saddened by my failure? What do I learn from my failures?
The last is the only one I can really do much about.
I am convinced that God never wastes an experience and if we are willing we can often learn much from our negative experiences. In the midst of my failure I come back to the reassuring words of Paul in Romans 8:28,
‘We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves Him.’
We see this clearly in the lives of biblical characters and need to accept that it is equally true for us if we will only allow it to be so. Admitting failure is painful, and necessary but the key is how we allow God to work through it making us more useful servants who are increasingly able to identify with the failures of others and so able to honestly encourage them. Failure need not be fatal. It can make us chastened, humble and increasingly useful to God and His church.
Never let failure be fatal. With God’s help make it the first stepping stone to a renewed and enriched life.
- First mention of a solution against death 3 Tempter Satan and man’s problems
- Fragments from the Book of Job #6: chapters 38-42
- Struggles of life
- Failing Man to make free choice
- Fear of failure, and fear of the unknown
- At first looking like a loss
- Are you being swept along by the world
- Let not sin reign in your mortal body
- Redemption #2 Biblical solution
- Partakers of His Suffering
- The mistake is the one from which we learn nothing
- Seeing the world through the lens of his own experience
- Praying and acts of meditation without ceasing
- God my fence, my hope for the future
- Thirst for happiness and meaning
- Joy: Foundation for a Positive Life
Further related articles
- Not Today (Failure)
- Can this week please be over
- Failure Is Not Fatal
- How to Flop on Twitter
- 8 Ways You are Contributing to Your own Failure
- What Do You Want to Achieve before 2017?
- I am…Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
- Failure paves the path to success
- Gentle Words & Missed Arrows
- Breakdown From Pressure
- It’s All About Effort
- Where Feet May Fail
- Failed – not once but twice
- Fat Fingers Can’t Play Guitar but JK Rowling Told Me it’s Okay to Fail
- “You may encounter many defeats…
- Knock off from a straight line
- The Gremlins Of Change
- Totes Fails
- Grieve & Live
- Preparing to Overcome My Sugar Weaknesses
- Day 3: Still finding no feet
- Balancing Time
- Take the Advice You’re Given