For many Christians in Europe, it is unbelievable how it was possible that Donald Trump got such a liking and followers in the Christian camp.
We are curious how they would now look at that wolf in sheepskin.
The pictures we keep receiving from America let us wonder how it comes that so many Americans who claim to be Christian can still be so racist and are not able to bring forward brotherly love for those who have another opinion and other religion than theirs.
As the writing of this leader of some church networks and charities may insinuate lots of Europeans may have lost their belief in the Land of Freedom and of the Christian spirit racing through the United States of America, once having been a great nation, but now with and after Trump, having lost all credibility.
- not US citizens = bewildered by overwhelming support US Evangelicals > President Donald Trump.
- sensationalism + rising division within US =/= subsided = Evangelical’s persistent fixation with Trump => growing tension .
- Am. Evangelicals + Donald Trump = strange bedfellows > Donald Trump = extension of God or = guardian of American Christian Culture = deeply flawed confidence.
- Furthermore for them to continue to encourage that notion and put their faith in him, even after Trump losing an authenticated, legal, and fair election is unimaginable but nonetheless foreseeable.
- Trump regularly warned rally attendees that “Christianity is under siege.” + suggested > forces “chipping away at Christianity,” + accused Democrats of waging a war on Christmas.
- US Evangelicals modeled a faith in God that came alongside governments + institutions regardless of party in leadership.
- showed admirable confidence in public system + prayerfully supported their leaders. > changed = terms Evangelical + Republican = synonymous.
- declining Christian population within US + subsequent weakening Christian culture => understated fear amongst white Evangelicals.
- Trump guaranteed Evangelicals pushback against insurgence of immigration, abortion, and socialism.
- world viewed Trump = bigot, racist, bully, slanderer, liar, autocrat, narcissist, + swindler, wild Maverick,
- believing in Trump, Evangelicals > flagrant discrimination, deception, subversion, injustice, intimidation, preferentialism, + irresponsibility on multiple levels.
- Evangelicals mostly ignored Trump’s dreadful behaviour > US Evangelicals flirting with Christian Nationalism => testimony now joined to Donald Trump’s secular agenda.
- patriotism + spiritual faith entangled + left unchecked = state religion that coerces religious values through laws = anti-bible.
- God’s Kingdom =/= need democracy or autocracy to increase + =/= need capitalism, socialism, or communism to survive. =/= left / right / liberal / conservative / green.
- Kingdom = richness + flavour of Christ in us > moving forward because of passionate commitment of God, regardless of where we live and what type of government we have.
Through association with Trump, white Evangelicals have been complicit in stoking the fear and sedition that we now see within the USA. They have enabled him and left him unchecked. Very few Evangelical leaders have publicly spoken with the courage of the likes of Senator Mitt Romney, Beth Moore and John Piper.
Find also to read:
By Stephen Best
I possibly, like others who are not US citizens, am bewildered by the overwhelming support that US Evangelicals have shown President Donald Trump. Prior to the 2020 presidential election, eighty-two percent of white American evangelicals were prepared to further Trump’s reign. (See )
As a father and grandfather to US citizens, and as a concerned ally for our southerly neighbors, I am both surprised and troubled that the sensationalism and rising division within the US has not subsided. This growing tension is partly due to the Evangelical’s persistent fixation with Trump. In other words Evangelical Christians are partly at fault for the existing turmoil.
Evangelicals and Donald Trump are strange bedfellows. To see Donald Trump as an extension of God or as the guardian of American Christian Culture is a deeply flawed confidence. Furthermore for them to continue to encourage that notion and put their…
View original post 1,906 more words
12 responses to “Evangelicals: For The Love Of Trump”
Pingback: Right wing thinking – Christian Nationalism – Extremism – Fascism – Nazism | From guestwriters