Covid-19 and the Evangelical Proof-Texters‘proof-texters,’ sensation-mongers + chain-letter writers got their teeth into the present Covid-19 crisis
- enter your chambers, + shut your doors behind you +hide yourself >Until the indignation is past ?=? lockdown + self-isolation.
- Charismaniacs are urging people to ‘decree and declare’ authority over the virus + urging people not to ‘break the chain of prayer’ (whatever that is) by posting the deception on their own social media pages as well.
- evangelicals of all stripes have been prone to proof-texting like this.
- 1° rule of biblical understanding = Context! = help to get to the core of the question > ‘What does this verse mean?’
- Isaiah 26 = warning to people of ancient Israel (God’s people) to shelter from the wrath of God. >> we can apply it to coming judgement of God upon the world, when Jesus shall return & all men of every age and nation shall give account of their lives => their wickedness punished.
- refuge = Jesus.search the Scriptures > in them you have eternal life (John 5:39)+
PrecedingWhen 1 699 676 people worldwide are infected and the number of deaths had totalled 102 734 in 210 countries or territories
- Today’s Thought “You will keep … in perfect peace” (May 03)
- Extra memorizing verses Isaiah 26:3-4: Focused on God finding perfect peace
Covid-19 and the Evangelical Proof-Texters
Come, my people, enter your chambers,And shut your doors behind you;Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment,Until the indignation is past.
View original post 513 more words