Because lots of people seem to be in a state of panic; supermarkets aisles made empty with people having bought more food than they could possibly consume in the coming weeks,
How To Strengthen Your Immunity During The Coronavirus Pandemic
In her place like in many supermarkets here in Belgium too, hand sanitizer has become a hot commodity, and people stare angrily if they even suspect you are unwell (regardless of whether you show symptoms or not).
Now when we are requested to stay as much as we can indoors and to avoid contact with others, even family members, she implores you to try the actions below. Not just because you will feel better but because they will enhance your performance and frankly we find ourselves in a time where our well-being depends on it. And so here they are, 7 hacks for boosting your immune system.
- crawl into bed & get an early night = no fear of missing out to keep you awake.
- Sleep deprivation (+ poor quality sleep) weakens immune system => susceptible to illness.
2. Take A Cold Shower
- Cryotherapy = causes blood vessels near skin to contract (vacoconstriction) + redirect blood to major organs to maintain core body temperature. => blood fills with oxygen, nutrients + restorative enzymes > this blood makes its way back to skin, muscle tissue + organs. => speeding up metabolism, reducing inflammation, improved quality of sleep, enhanced focus + improved immune response.
3. Mindfulness – Adult Colouring
- mindfulness meditation increases activity in prefrontal cortex, right anterior insula + right hippocampus (command centre for body’s immune system) = stimulates these areas which => helps immune system function more effectively.
- physical activity = improves defense activity + metabolic health> Through promoting good circulation, immune system’s cells + substances move through body freely + efficiently => improve mood, reduce stress + enhance general well being overall. T
5. Consider Your Diet
- limit anxiety inducing foods such as processed meat, fried foods, refined cereals, refined sugars, alcohol and caffeine.
- try to load up on leafy greens, oily fish, nuts
- looking for to dust off those cookbooks + experiment in the kitchen
Read the article to find out how in these unprecedented times, we must do what we can to get through this period and can ensure we are well equipped to deal with the challenge ahead