Let us make sure that more people come to know the beauty we have to protect and safeguard for future generations.
- places in nature to captivate the soul
- Sequoia National Park tucked high up in the Sierra Nevada mountains = a sacred, enchanted place > inflame the imagination in the most stoic of souls.
- Giant Sequoias = mammoths of wood = most massive trees on our planet + many over 3,000 years old + standing steadfast + resilient through all problems between nations that came and went > cfr. Roman Empire > All of the power, dominance, influence, + hubris of a great empire rose + fell in a short span of this tree’s life
- spiritual experience calls one to contemplate the meager existence of our own lives + to reflect on the nature of time + the circle of life.
- to give us a great heaping dose of humility.
- to turn our perspectives upward + outward, + to find peace in the giant flowing river of space & time.
- Sequoia acorn = only about two inches by one inch + containing a little over 200 seeds => potential to become a giant forest in time, outliving many generations + entire civilizations of people.
Some places I wander into in nature captivate my soul in special ways, not just for their beauty and grandeur, but because they whisper into my very being and offer me something that we all need a heavy dose of from time to time, humility. Sequoia National Park was that special place that I recently visited. Tucked high up in the Sierra Nevada mountains, it is a sacred, enchanted place that can inflame the imagination in the most stoic of souls. It is a place of wonder and magic that can hardly be put into words, only quietly and humbly felt in the presence of these wondrous ancient giants, the Sequoia trees.
The Giant Sequoias are the most massive trees on our planet. They are almost incomprehensible to behold, staring up from the base of these mammoths of wood. They grow up to 40 feet in diameter, stretch up to…
View original post 917 more words