Anger can take many forms and find many different ways of expression. It may be a hasty ebullition quickly evaporating, and if circumstances are favourable, leaving no bitterness behind. Sometimes after such an explosion men are better friends for having quarrelled. There is grave danger in this quick boiling of anger, however. It is so easy for something to be done or said, the effects of which will linger all through life. Lives have been lost and lives have been ruined through only a few moments of unstrained anger. Words hastily uttered and meaning little more than an expression of momentary annoyance, may have enduring effects with such complex action and reaction that no one could possibly trace their course or even guess the sum of the evil wrought. A man of hasty temper may soon forget the words that gave relief to his angry feelings. He might be apalled if he could know the full effect of his momentary loss of control. One who is naturally of quick temper and hasty speech may well take to heart the Spirit’s warning. Let him learn to be “slow to wrath,” to rule his spirit and to guard the door of his mouth.
– Islip Collyer, Principles and Proverbs, page 202
- The business of this life
- We all have to have dreams
- Doest thou well to be Angry?
- Be ye angry and sin not
- Malefactors becoming your master
- She who sows thistles will reap prickles
- He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger
- The first on the list of the concerns of the saint
- The Mountain: Radical Love
- Unconditional love
- A love not exempting us from trials
- The works we have to do according to James
- Be holy
- God does not change
- Singing gift from God
- Running away from the past
- 112314 – A Peculiar People
- Coming Out Of The Bipolar Closet
- Help Me Help Me
- The girl who cried help
- Comedy and Tragedy: Prologue Part 1
- A few weeks ago..
- Jealousy and Guilt
- Original Sin
- Shut your mouth!
- How to… Piss me off
- Anger management and Pretty Woman
- In case you didn’t know..
- I want nothing short of phenomenal.
- I can’t make anyone happy
- 060616) im grieving; im growing
- So Tired I Want to Cry
- when in anger…
- A-Holes Can Be All Around
- The Person I was Supposed to Become
- It is what it is.
- The Wrong Side of the Bed