In the Lifestyle Magazine ‘Stepping Toes‘ attention is given to the different festivals or celebrations human beings want to celebrate in autumn time. The time when the days shorten and people look for the cosiness at home. But also many people want to go out into the stormy weather and love the spookiness of it. Others can not avoid to think about the deceased and hope they can talk to them. Many do feel guilty because the rest of the year they had totally forgotten those who had left the living. By placing chrysanthemums on their graves they do hope to soothe their anger. But like snow, shall be white when it is pure and clean, the flowers shall give colour to places where there shall only be a deteriorating body, left to decay until it shall be dust.
Find also to read:
- Autumn traditions for 2014 – 1: Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet
- Autumn traditions for 2014 – 2 Summersend and mansend
- Autumn traditions for 2014 – 3 Black Mass, Horror spectacles and pure puritans
- Autumn traditions for 2014 – 4 Blasphemy and ridiculing faith in God
- All Saints’ Day
- What happens when we die?
- Fear and protection
- Sheol, Sheool, Sjeool, Hades, Hell, Grave, Tomb, Sepulchre
- Decomposition, decay – vergaan, afsterven, ontbinding