When preaching we always should keep in mind that we must be worthy workers in the Hand of God willing to bring God His Word to the people and not the words of man. We may find it useful to have help-tools provided by many thinkers, but God’s Word has to stand in the first place.
Using the Bible we have to show our listeners what really is in it and show where human ideas may be wrong according to God His Word.
We ourselves do have to let us be Guided by the Bible itself, which brings answers to our and our listeners many questions.
To take note:
- to know what to preach
- When teaching God’s word begin with prayer
- preaching and praying go hand in hand
- if stick stuck for a topic, open your Bible to any random spot and start reading
- listen hard
- let Holy Spirit to bring things to your mind through your heart
- preach your need
- think about your own spiritual needs
- make connection to Christ his offer
- proclaim of Jesus Christ and him crucified that is Spirit-empowered
- understand what went before + let others understand what went before
- explore and show how what you taught previously relates to Christ’s sacrifice for our sins
- prepare a backup sermon or two just in case something happens in our life => equip you to better respond if a last minute preaching opportunity crops up.
- Obstacles to effective evangelism
- What English Bible do you use?
- Words to push and pull
- Appointed to be read
- Good or bad preacher
- Writers needed to preach to non-believers
- Some one or something to fear #7 Not afraid for Gods Name
- Depression, Anxiety, Pressure and megachurches
- Being Religious and Spiritual 8 Spiritual, Mystic and not or well religious
- Caricaturing and disapproving sceptics, religious critics and figured out ethics
- Some one or something to fear #3 Cases, folks and outing
- Accuracy, Word-for-Word Translation Preferred by most Bible Readers
- The Most Reliable English Bible
- NWT and what other scholars have to say to its critics
- The Divine name of the Creator
- Use of /Gebruik van Jehovah or/of Yahweh in Bible Translations/Bijbel vertalingen
- Hebrew, Aramaic and Bibletranslation
- Some Restored Name Versions
- Anchor Yale Bible
- The NIV and the Name of God
- New American Bible Revised Edition
- Bible translated into Jamaican Creole Patois
- 2001 Translation an American English Bible
- Bibletranslation in Lingala
- The Metaphorical language of the Bible
- Record breaking preaching in Mount Dora
- How to Choose a Bible for Preaching
- A true sermon is a real deed. (memoirandremains.wordpress.com)
For this, therefore, I say that Christ Himself existed not to present us with the supreme spiritual spectacle of history, but to achieve the critical thing in history. The Gospel is an act of God,
gathered in a point but thrilling through history, and it calls for an act, and inspires it. Its preaching must therefore be an act, a “function” of the great act. A true sermon is a real deed. It puts the preacher’s personality into an act. That is his chief form of Christian life and practice.
- DIG for Friday the 7th of November…..check out the results of a lack of preaching of the true Word of God…..1 Timothy 1 v 5 (heilanword.wordpress.com)
The opposite of teaching the Gospel of grace is teaching the law (1 Timothy 1 v 6 and 7), and from the previous verses we can see a danger of this.Teaching law (or not the true Gospel for new covenant believers) will results in hypocrisy and a lack of love; that is a powerful truth.
Paul commands Timothy to ensure that no other doctrine, other than the grace of Jesus, is preached in the church.
He is that concerned about the preaching of law and other perversions of the Gospel.
- Christ is the centre of our Eucharistic Celebration (linmeyercatholiccommunity.wordpress.com)
When preaching takes place within the context of the liturgy, it is part of the offering made to the Father and a mediation of the grace which Christ pours out during the celebration. This context demands that preaching should guide the assembly, and the preacher, to a life-changing communion with Christ in the Eucharist. This means that the words of the preacher must be measured, so that the Lord, more than his minister, will be the centre of attention.
- Hugh’s News & Views (Reading Gleanings . . .) (fellowshiproom.org)
At no time in history have we needed preachers with clear and confident conviction more than we need them today. Our culture has become tolerant and pluralistic. When preachers absorb this world-view, their preaching becomes mere fluff and insipidness.
- 2 Peter 1:12-21 God’s Word (jimerwin.com)
“So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.” (2 Peter 1:19, HCSB)
- People Are Watching (revderrickkeeter.wordpress.com)
“The word “Christian” is both a noun and an adjective. We need more “adjective Christians”, more Christian Christians, who are more Christian in thought and spirit and deed as well as name.”The name “Christian” literally means “like Christ.” Are you a Christian?
- Minimizing the Cross of Jesus Christ (dailybibleplan.com)
No man or woman can be saved by his or her own deeds. We are all saved by the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is because of what He did that we can be reconciled with God, not because of anything we can do.
When a person thinks that “living right” can secure salvation, that person is essentially saying that Jesus did not have to die, but we know that Jesus opened the door to salvation for us. When it comes to eternal life, Christ is the only key that fits that lock.
- 19. Daily Bible Verse (12160.info)
It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.
- What If Conservatives Actually Followed The Teachings of Jesus? (mbarnet.wordpress.com)
Although the Old Testament is filled to the brim with passages of hatred, bigotry, and death, the New Testament features Jesus Christ, a homeless socialist spreading his message of love, generosity, and acceptance. If Jesus were to meet a member of the Republican party today, there’s no doubt he would be horrified at how his message has been distorted and forgotten amongst the most powerful evangelical Christians in the country.
- A Jewish View Of Replacement Theology (lukeford.net)
I grew up as a Seventh-Day Adventist thinking that Jews, for all intents and purposes, had disappeared, replaced by the Church. I grew up thinking that Christians were the real Jews, the true Jews, God’s Jews and that what the world called Jews were atheist imposters.
Originally posted on Faith That Inspires Action:
By Rev. Robert A. Crutchfield
One of the most frequent questions I get especially from new minsters is how do they know what to preach. It can seem daunting at first. A new topic every week for the next several decades of their career. First of all nobody can handle a career’s worth of decisions all at once But I wanted to commit some ideas to paper for those who might find themselves stuck for a sermon topic.
PRAY- I can think of nothing that a minister does that should not begin with prayer anyway. When teaching God’s word we certainly should do so. I know of churches with special facilities just to pray for their pastor while he is preaching. So there is little doubt that preaching and pray go hand in hand.
OPEN YOUR BIBLE- After you have prayed. If you are stick stuck for a topic, open…
View original 432 more words